This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Production
As a member of the Production team, the Technical Director (TD) is responsible for the efficient operation of the technical aspects of productions created, mounted or presented at the NAC. The TD is accountable to manage available resources to ensure that all concerts and productions go up on time and on budget. This position actively participates in the imagining and organization of performances presented by the NAC and its partners. The position is required to assist in overcoming the technical and logistical challenges for visiting companies transferring productions to the NAC. The position also works as part of an overall technical team to ensure efficiently produced, quality shows; helps overcome the technical and logistical challenges for visiting artists and companies performing at the NAC.
The ideal incumbents are willing to commit to the long-term development of their own technical, leadership, interpersonal and managerial proficiency. Team skills are of critical importance in dealing with artists, producers, touring management, Heads of Department, Craftspeople, production staff, and external clients. This position requires the incumbent to work in all genres of live performance with an emphasis on live music, Broadway style touring productions.
• Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a similar role;
• Thorough knowledge of stage lighting, audio, video and special effects;
• Experience in leading and supervising crews in an unionized environment;
• Experience in touring or working with touring artists and companies is an asset;
• Familiarity with all aspects and genres of live performance;
• Capacity to work effectively with artists, clients and colleagues with diverse experience and levels of skill;
• Demonstrated initiative and sound judgement;
• Exceptional computer skills, including the Microsoft Office suite, AutoCAD LT or Vector works;
• Thorough knowledge of codes and regulations that apply in a theatrical environment as well as best practices in health and safety;
• Certified in Working at Heights, Arial Platform Operation, Pyrotechnics Certificate, Firearms Possession and Acquisition Licence are an asset;
• Bilingual in both official languages is an asset;
• Possess a valid driver’s license or ability to obtain a licence within three months of employment;
• Working knowledge of applicable regulations and working conditions of performers unions, (CAEA, ADC, AFM, UDA, APASQ, etc) is an asset;
Salary: $57,000 - $83,200
How to apply?
Please submit your application online through our website at nac-cna.ca/en/careers
Canada is our stage.
Those four words inform everything we do as a catalyst for performance, creation and learning across this great land. We are proud to be a home for many of Canada’s most exciting artists who captivate audiences on our stages and on stages across the country.
Our Five Core Values:
Go Above and Beyond