This is a Seasonal, Part-time position.Category: Technical
Responsibilities would include:
1. Technical Management: During the planning and active phases of the production, the Technical Director is responsible for keeping track of the production budget, and creating detailed schedules.
2. Human Resources/ Health & Safety: The Technical Director is responsible for overseeing all reporting staff hired as part of the production personnel, and must ensure that the proper safety measures are taken throughout the production process.
3. Technical Coordination: The Technical Director will be working in coordination with the production staff to facilitate the execution of design and production elements.
4. Technical Coordination including the maintenance, installation, transfer, and usage of technical equipment and set pieces.
5. Facilities (Venue setup, Truck, Building, Storage): The Technical Director will be responsible for setting up all elements of the venue to prepare for the summer season. They are also responsible for the coordination of the transfer of production elements to and from storage.
• at least 3 years of professional experience with a professional theatre company
• IT skills, specifically experience working with SFX and Qlab are an asset.
• WHMIS Certification is an asset, and Fall Arrest Certification is required; ability to train others in safety practices a must.
• Carpentry and Props experience are assets.
• Must have valid G-class Driver’s License and a reliable vehicle.
• High professional standards with acute attention to detail.
• Exceptional communication skills and a demonstrated ability to collaborate with, and lead others.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks with accuracy and to establish and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
• Strong sense of initiative and problem-solving skills required
• Ability to work independently, and also manage the team of staff and volunteers.
• Experience and ability in setting up sound and lighting systems.
• Ability to efficiently disseminate information, updates, and schedule changes to appropriate staff.
• Working knowledge of the CTA and other association agreements (Associated Designers of Canada, etc.)
• Working knowledge of Ontario’s Employment Standards Act and Occupational Health and Safety Act, with specific regards to the live performance guidelines.
Salary: $10,000-$13,500 based on experience
Please send resumes, including references, to:
Laurel Smith, Artistic Producer
The Classic Theatre Festival, the Ottawa Valley’s only professional theatre company, is seeking a Technical Director for our 2020 summer season in Heritage Perth, Ontario (an hour south of Ottawa). We are a small but vibrant rural community that provides loads of recreational opportunities during the summer, as well as a friendly, highly professional environment to work in.
The 2020 playbill includes three productions:
Affairs of State by Louis Verneuil (June 26 to July 19)
The Philanderer by Bernard Shaw (July 24 to Aug. 16)
Sleuth by Anthony Shaffer (Aug. 21 to Sept. 13)
The contract would begin in early 2020. The residency time period would be from June 1 to September 20, 2020. In addition to the contractual fees, free billeting is provided during residency.
The Classic Theatre Festival is a project of Burning Passions Theatre, a registered charity.