This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
Reporting directly to the Technical Director, the Crew Chief is the direct on-site supervisor of the Head Technicians and Stage Crew in all areas of stage operation. The Crew Chief also provides organizational support to all professional touring crews and local rental clients while on-site.
Position subject to IATSE 680 contract
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
• Primary technical contact for artists and rental clients, and is the liaison between the Administration, Front of House and Head Technicians on performance/setup days.
• Organize and disseminate show information to Head Technicians and Stage Crew.
• Assist the Technical Director with show advances, when required.
• Write and submit daily reports to TD: (show/general occurrence/maintenance).
• Schedule stage crew, crew breaks and position rotations.
• Serve on crew as needed.
• Organize and coordinate stage crew on show days.
• Ensure staff follow proper safety procedures, Imperial Theatre policies and adhere to the Code of Conduct.
• Give direction and instruction to stage crew when necessary.
• Organize and co-ordinate technical maintenance days, and assist in any work that takes place.
Successful candidates will have:
• Three-Years experience a technician in a live performance/theatre
• Two–years experience in a supervisory/management position
• General experience with all theatrical elements, including lighting, sound, fly-person & general stage-hand duties.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to maintain a positive attitude in a fast paced, deadline-orientated environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage clients and staff effectively while adhering to a tight schedule.
• Good understanding of or direct experience working under a union contract.
• Easily adapts to change and enjoys challenging work.
• Effective problem solving skills.
• Ability to cope with long hours.
• A valid driver’s license is an asset.
Additional tech info about the theatre can be found on our website: https://imperialtheatre.ca/faq/rent-the-theatre/
(technical information at bottom of page)
Salary: $21.50 per/hour plus comprehensive benefit package
by email with subject line "Pick Me for Crew Chief" to
or by mail:
Att: Shelley Brown
12 King Square South
Saint John, NB
Please include an updated resume, cover letter and references. Please be to ensure to list any on-the-job training, workshops, certificates and post-secondary education that you have completed and that is relevant to this position.
We thank all who express interest in this position, but only those chosen for interviews will be contacted. No Phone Calls Please.
Imperial Theatre is a historic 850+ seat proscenium theatre. We present 35-40 of our own shows per season and act as a venue for local companies and arts organizations as well as being a road house for professional theatre and music.