This is a Permanent, Part-time position.Category: Technical
Province: Airdrie, Alberta
Position: THEATRE TECHNICIAN
Deadline: October 23, 2019
Posted: October 9, 2019
Job Description / Duties
The City of Airdrie is seeking a casual, part time Theatre Technician.
Working in partnership with the Artistic Producer and the Technical Lead, the part time, casual technician will be responsible for:
• Technical running (lights, sound and/or projections) for a variety of Bert Church Theatre performances, rehearsals and/or events
• Setting up and tearing down of technical elements (microphones, moving light fixtures, cables, video elements etc.) and working with rental clients to deliver technical outcomes as per client needs
• The technical point of contact for clients and artists during the event
• Ensuring that the theatre space is safe, clean and ready for artists and performers
• Leading emergency evacuations should it be required
Additionally technicians may:
• Be involved in the technical coordination and general maintenance of the BCT facility
• Occasionally provide technical support for special events and other City sponsored activities
Qualifications / Required Skills
• A minimum of two years of technical experience in the operation of theatrical lighting, sound and staging equipment (related technical education and training is an asset)
• Previous live sound and lighting experience
• Ability to troubleshoot technical issues and resolve problems quickly as they arise
• Experience working with digital audio consoles Board and ETC Ion Lighting Console is a definite asset
• Demonstrated ability to work with performing artists, renters, volunteers, school employees and members of the public
• Standard First Aid - Level C CPR and AED (or willingness to become certified) would be considered an asset
• Excellent customer service skills that strive to exceed the expectations and needs of internal and external customers
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to self-motivate and work unsupervised
The following benefits:
• Genesis Place pass
We believe connection and culture are the keys to our customer service. We do this through continuous learning, regular team building, and organizational social events so all employees have the knowledge to provide excellence in service to our community.
This is a part time role and work is dependent upon activity at the theatre. Shifts will include up to 5 hours on week nights and 8 plus hours on weekends. Must be prepared to work a highly-flexible weekly schedule including evenings, weekends, and statutory holidays. Shifts will generally be scheduled into the late evening. Some overtime may be required. Shift schedules will generally be arranged a month in advance.
- Often dealing with crowds of people, noise and busy environment
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Climbing ladders and working from heights (ie catwalk and man lift)
- Must be able to perform duties in low light conditions
Please note: The interviewing and hiring process may commence prior to the posted closing date.
Salary: Min Salary: $19.47/Hour Max Salary: $24.34/Hour
The City of Airdrie fosters a culture of accountability and values open dialogue, innovation and entrepreneurial spirit, collaborative relationships, learning, ownership, and encouraging the heart. We are searching for another team member who will help us get to the next level.
We’re a place where you can grow. We’re a place where you’re encouraged to learn and be innovative. We’re a place where people take ownership and do what they say they’ll do. We’re a place where colleagues are friends and neighbours are customers. We’re a place where health, wellness and safety are top of mind. We’re a place where you just might be a perfect fit.
As part of Community Services, the Bert Church Theatre enhances the quality of life of residents by facilitating community partnerships to provide opportunities that contribute to an economically strong, socially connected, culturally vibrant, and sustainable community.