This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Other
JOEL Theatrical Rigging, Canada's leading theatrical rigging supplier, is looking for Site Installer to join their expanding division based in Mississauga, Ontario. If you are hardworking, reliable and willing to learn, we would like to hear from you!
Schedule and Hourly Rate
The Site Installer is employed full-time for a guaranteed minimum of 40 work hours/week. Overtime hours are worked as required to meet delivery deadlines. Salary is dependent upon experience. Nationwide travel is required for this position. Travel is dependent upon the order and duration of project and travel time is fully compensated.
Assets and Areas of Expertise
• Installs for theatre production and rigging systems
• Communication with internal teams and contractors
• Experience with electrical control systems
• Assembling/erecting rigging to move material and heavy equipment
• Paying attention to detail to ensure projects are built according to plan
• Reporting to the Site Supervisor, consulting with internal team and site contractors
• Be competent in using the appropriate measuring tools to verify conformance to print or standard
• Identify various building components across a variety of sites and projects
• Reading blueprints and specifications
• Working at heights and lifting required weight (minimum 25 kgs)
• Assist in the unloading and loading of products/materials, ensure the load is secure
• Comply with company policies and procedures including health and safety
• Maintaining a clean work space
• Coming in ready to work hard and be a team player
• Able to work well independently, and as part of a team
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints/drawings accurately
• Has knowledge/operation of welding equipment, including MIG and ARC
• Strong time-management skills and proven capability of meeting deadlines
• Self-starter, proven to work efficiently and seek out new tasks
• Takes pride in their work and being a part of the JOEL team, desires to learn more
• Able to communicate well in written and spoken English
• A valid Ontario Driver’s License (G Class preferred)
If you are a recent graduate and have a strong desire to learn more about theatrical rigging and advance your career in the production field, please send us a resume and cover letter with detailed information about your experience. We are always open to candidates who are willing to learn and advance their new career with the JOEL team.
For more information about JOEL Theatrical Rigging, please visit www.joeltheatrical.com
Salary: 34,000 +/yr (depending on experience)
If you are interested in advancing your career with JOEL Theatrical Rigging, please forward a detailed resume to . We thank you for your interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.