This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
Reporting to the Construction Manager, the employee shall build scenery according to Production Canada specifications. When applicable, a scenic carpenter may assist in the quoting, planning, and complete execution of a project. This employee may be involved with shop maintenance, inventory maintenance, and supply orders. During project executions, a scenic carpenter will assist in the building of scenery on site.
- Building of custom scenic pieces in shop and on site
- Basic painting skills
- Interacting in a friendly and responsible manner with clients and other staff
- Loading and driving trucks (24’ straight 5 tons)
- Following Health & Safety policies on site
- Execute to the highest level of industry standards using our policies and procedures
- Four years of professional carpentry experience in the theatre or corporate event industry
- Extensive knowledge of woodworking tools and scenery construction methods
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Valid drivers license
Regular shop hours range from 8am-6pm, but we operate a flexible production schedule to accommodate the needs of our staff. Our shows setup at all hours of the day and night, and a flexible schedule is required and appreciated.
Upon successfully completion of 3 month probation period a health and wellness benefit package will also be included.
Salary: Remuneration based on skills and experience. Salary Range = $52k - $65k annually paid bi-weekly
Please send your resume and a cover letter via email to with the term “Carpenter”. No calls please.
Production Canada is an award-winning company that helps clients manifest their event vision into experiences with impact. As the only company to blend scenic construction, full-service event production, and a celebrated approach to client service, Production Canada is expertly positioned to build strong, lasting relationships with its customers.