This is a Permanent, Part-time position.Category: Technical
Reporting to the Construction Manager/Shop Supervisor, the employee shall build scenery according to Production Canada specifications. When applicable, a scenic carpenter may assist in the quoting, planning, and complete execution of a project. This employee may be involved with shop maintenance, inventory maintenance, and supply orders. During project executions, a scenic carpenter will assist in the building of scenery on site.
- Building of custom scenic pieces in shop and on site
- Basic paint skills
- Interacting in a friendly and responsible manner with clients and other staff
- Loading and driving trucks (24’ straight 5 tons)
- Following Health & Safety policies on site
- Execute to the highest level of industry standards using our policies and procedures
- Two years of professional carpentry experience in the theatre or corporate event industry
- Extensive knowledge of woodworking tools and scenery construction methods
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings
- Valid drivers license an asset
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
Regular shop hours range from 8am-6pm, but we operate a flexible production schedule to accommodate the needs of our staff. Our shows setup at all hours of the day and night, and a flexible schedule is required and appreciated.
Salary: $22 - $30 / hour
Please send your resume and a cover letter via email to
Production Canada is an award-winning company that helps clients manifest their event vision into experiences with impact. As the only company to blend scenic construction, full-service event production, and a celebrated approach to client service, Production Canada is expertly positioned to build strong, lasting relationships with its customers.
Our company is built around a policy of hard work, fun and respect shared with both staff and clients. We are a national company and are looking to fill positions in Vancouver, Calgary, and Toronto.