This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Production
Reporting to the Technical Director and under the supervision of the Head Scene Shop Carpenter and the Head Scenic Artist, the Sceneshop Coordinator will facilitate the administrative operations of the COC Scene Shop.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Procuring equipment and materials as directed.
• Tracking of expenditures and preparation of purchase related paperwork for the COC Scene Shop.
• Creating and processing timesheets for the COC Scene Shop.
• Preparation of labour and expense reports on a weekly basis.
• Maintaining Scene Shop materials inventory, including tracking and reporting of inventory use.
• In conjunction with the COC Facilities Department, maintaining the COC Scene Shop.
• Maintain records for COC Scene Shop equipment inventory.
• Driving as required for the COC Scene Shop and COC Production Department.
The candidate should have the following qualifications:
• Post-secondary education in the technical/production field or equivalent job experience
• Experience working in an unionized environment
• Superior organization and communication skills (verbal and written)
• Good knowledge of health and safety legislation and best practices
• Excellent people skills
• Purchasing/procurement experience
• Clean driving record
• Experience with accounting processes and procedures
• Ability to work under time constraints
• Computer literate – MS Office. Knowledge of AutoCAD and FileMaker Pro would be an asset.
Evening and weekend work is required. This is a contract position.
Please submit cover letter and resume by April 30, 2011.
Canadian Opera Company
227 Front Street East
Toronto, ON M5A 1E8
fax: 416 363-2660