This is a Seasonal, Full-time position.Category: Design
Province: Sackville, New Brunswick
Position: Resident designer for Motyer-Fancy Theatre
Deadline: January 31, 2021
Posted: January 4, 2021
Job Description / Duties
The Resident Designer is engaged in decision-making and problem-solving activities as set and costume designer for Drama Studies faculty- and staff-directed theatre productions. Duties include provision of supporting design paperwork, such as costume thumbnails and renderings, costume lists and charts, white and painted models, and set ground plans and elevations. The RD serves as Wardrobe Supervisor and as Painting Supervisor. The RD is also responsible for mentoring students enrolled in Drama 4011 projects where the RD’s knowledge base coincides with the student’s topic of study. The RD also guides students engaged in theatre production activities for 1701, 2161, 3161, 2669, 3669 and 4669 course credit.
Qualifications / Required Skills
- A BFA in Theatre Design with 3-5 years of experience working in theatre or an MFA in Theatre Design, with a concentration in set and costume design.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Technical and aesthetic knowledge specific to set and costume design.
- Experience with using CAD software for design. Knowledge of VectorWorks an asset
- Ability to be self-directed in their work.
- Ability to work closely with students and, in a spirit of collegiality, with the Director of
- Drama Studies and associated personnel.
This is a full-time continuing eight-month sessional position to begin in August, 2021, subject to Covid-related operational limitations applicable at the time.
This position is in the bargaining unit represented by the Mount Allison Staff Association.
Please use the contact info for your application.
If you have any question about our program or theatre you can contact me(Paul Del Motte, Production Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary: Grade 9 MASA pay scale $49,049-$57,015 Yearly pro-rated to 8 months plue 6% Vac. Pay