This is a Permanent, Part-time position.Category: Technical
Rental Warehouse / Event Audio/Video/Lighting Technician
Since 2007 Horizon Solutions has worked to expand our rental and event services business. In order to meet the increased demands Horizon Solutions is seeking to expand our abilities to service these areas better as well as put in place the structure required to grow even further in the future. This position plays a key component in our expansion plans.
This position has two parts;
Rental Warehouse Technician – Responsible for the rental inventory of Horizon Solutions. Responsibilities include equipment maintenance, rental equipment prep for outgoing rentals and events, rental equipment returns and warehouse organization. This position works for the Rental Manager and works in coordination with the Shipper / Receiver.
Event Audio/Video/Lighting Technician – Provides technical support and operation of special events for clients, ranging from live performance to corporate av presentations. This person would be the first technician on any event. Some events would require this person to be the lead technician onsite requiring direct client interactions and assistance.
• Minimum 2 years experience with professional live audio, projection video and theatrical lighting systems
• High school diploma or equivalent
• College level diploma in theatre technology, audio recording or broadcast is beneficial however not required
• Red Cross First Aid training is beneficial
• Elevated work platform (lift) training & fall arrest training is beneficial
• Valid G Class Drivers License is required for this position
• Strong communication skills to confidently explain information and converse with clients
• Organizational skills to effectively process all paperwork/products
• Self-confidence to take the initiative to take charge of technical events when required
• Self-confidence to lead a team of people on an event project
• Strong troubleshooting skills with audio, video and lighting systems
• Proficient computer skills is a must
NOTE: Applicants may be requested to display their knowledge with audio, video and lighting systems in a follow up interview.
• Most rental warehouse technical work to be completed in warehouse setting
• Safety shoes required
• Hearing protection may be required for some event work
• Ladder work and elevated work platform (lift) work is required
• Horizon Solutions is located on Clarke Rd in London – note our location is not serviced by public transit.
• 20 Guaranteed Hours per week
• 9am – 1pm (flexible / to be determined with successful candidate)
• Monday to Friday (some Saturdays)
• Flexible hours based on client event schedule
• Some on call requirements
Salary: $15 / hour
Interested parties are asked to forward a resume including live event experience examples and three references to
Horizon Solutions would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
1069 Clarke Rd
Horizon Solutions, a leader in professional audio, video and lighting systems design, sales, installation and rentals, continues to grow.
Established over 30 years ago, Horizon Audio Services worked to become one of the top audio/video system integrators within the house of worship market in Ontario, Canada. In 2007 we became Horizon Solutions, a name which better reflects the wider vision for the company while also expressing our simple goal to provide more than equipment or services for our clients. Horizon Solutions aims to provide every client with a solution to their technical needs. Today we pride ourselves on providing innovation technical solutions to a wide range of clients including community and professional theatre, house of worship, education markets and corporations.
The Horizon Solutions team is made up of experienced technically minded individuals with a common goal to provide clients with the best solution possible for every project. We each bring unique personal and industry related experiences and by working together we are able to provide our clients with innovation solutions with a unique perspective.