This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Production
Would you like to play a meaningful role with North America’s leading classical repertory theatre? At the Stratford Festival, we attract the world’s finest talent, offering a unique experience for staff, artists and artisans alike. If you would like to be part of this exciting organization, we are looking for someone to fill the position of:
This position reports to the Head of Properties and is part of the Production department.
• Produce props into finished state using various techniques such as welding, sculpting, carving, mold making and 3D printing
• Produce mechanical props
• Interpret plans, from rough sketches to detailed designs producing props
• Experiment with different materials to create various effects
• Manual material handling
• Operation of machinery within the Prop Shop
• Post-secondary education in Fine Arts or Theatre Production
• Competent operation of machinery within the Prop Shop
• At least 5 years’ experience in prop building with a broad range of props construction in a professional theatre environment
• Proven organizational skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to pay great attention to detail
• Possess effective time management skills
• Ability to troubleshoot
• Works well under pressure
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
Preference will be given to candidates with a specialty in 3D printing and SFX. At time of interviewing, candidates are required to present a portfolio demonstrating skills and a list of two professional references.
This is a temporary contract position for one season located in Stratford, Ontario and will begin Mid-January 2020 for approximately 20 weeks, with the possibility of extension.
Job Type: Temporary Contract
Recognizing that diversity – in our workplace, in our audiences and on our stages – fosters a rich and creative environment, we welcome applicants with disabilities and are committed to accommodating them throughout the recruitment and hiring process. We encourage all qualified applicants to submit a résumé and cover letter in a single PDF by November 15, 2019, to:
Subject: Props Builder
Located in Stratford, Ontario, Canada, we are North America’s largest classical repertory theatre company. Each season, we present a dozen or more productions in four distinctive venues. We produce classics, contemporary dramas and musicals, with special emphasis on the plays of Shakespeare.