This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
Solotech is currently recruiting a Project Manager for permanent AV Installations for our Ottawa / Gatineau offices serving the National Capital Region and our Kingston office.
The Project Manager is responsible for the proper planning, execution and closing of the project and for managing the human resources required to do so. The Project Manager is responsible for the quality of the goods and services delivered by his team with regards to the technical scope, the financial objectives and the timeline as well as all of the required correspondence and documentation.
The Project Manager will report to the Manager of Installations – NCR. A well motivated and organized individual will enjoy the challenges and rewards that this position offers.
Responsibilities will consist of:
• Plan and coordinate the equipment and installation material needs, the labour needs, transportation and delivery and all other requirements for the proper execution of the project
• Ensure that the installation meets the clients expectations and is compatible with the client’s technical and physical environment
• Manage the project’s expenses so as to ensure profitability
• Coordinate change orders with the client and the project’s sales representative
• Ensure that all of the projects deliverables are completed in the appropriate delays
• Proceed with final inspection and sign off with the client
• Control the quality of the workmanship under Solotech’s responsibility so as to ensure a level of work meeting the industry’s best practices and Solotech’s rigorous standards
• Validate the technical proposals made by the sales representatives
• Perform a site visit prior to sending the installation team to confirm to appropriateness of the site conditions and the feasibility of the installation
• Provide technical support and respond to requests for information on the part of sales representatives to help prepare specifications and respond to RFI’s.
• Collaborate with all of the various project team members in order to offer the best possible service to our customers
• Excellent written and spoken English. Spoken and written French an asset. Must be able to collaborate with Francophone staff in Gatineau.
• 3 to 5 years experience in a related technical field
• Knowledge of sound, lighting, video and/or videoconference equipment
• Certified for AV programming and / or electronics (an asset)
• Flexible and able to adapt to situations and individuals
• Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously with extremely tight schedules
• Autonomous, rigorous and disciplined
• Required personality trait: Perseverant, hard working, takes ownership of his projects and responsibilities
• Must be able to use Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Visio
• MS Project
• AutoCAD and Visio (an asset)
• Able to travel within the territory of the National Capital and Kingston with their own car (compensation paid for mileage)
• Able to travel outside of Canada
• Able to obtain security clearance
Salary: Annual Salary: Based on Experience
If this career opportunity interests you, please forward your resume in confidence to:
Solotech is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team and advise that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Solotech is a full service integrator of state-of-the-art audio visual and lighting equipment and technology for live entertainment, meeting rooms, convention facilities, museums, broadcasters and the hospitality industry. For additional information, click here