This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Production
Temporary position (13 months)
Start date: November 2018
Life at Cirque is about sharing our passion and about creating wonder with talented colleagues, all the while delivering at the highest quality in a fast-moving environment. Boldness and curiosity are a part of our DNA and hopefully a part of yours too. Together, we work hard, juggle priorities, shift trajectories, have loads of fun and, above all, dare to reinvent ourselves and meet new challenges.
As an expert in automation, you will be required to work in collaboration with the designers and project team to develop the theatrical automation control systems and equipment lists and layout, coordinate with the owner representative for the specifying, procurement and supply of all automation control systems and equipment and to work in partnership with the owner representative to ensure the successful delivery of the automation control systems and equipment elements.
Your responsibilities will be to :
• Coordinate with all stakeholders to collect, create and manage automation control system and
• Coordinate and manage the design, procurement and supply of any production-supplied automated elements;
• Assist in the cost analysis of all automated control systems and equipment; and cost management
of production-supplied elements;
• Manage all procurement documentation (including plans, specifications, correspondence, contracts, submittals, and documents related to construction, delivery, coordination, changes, issues, payments, acceptance and close-out) and coordinate with Procurement and Legal Departments for any production-supplied elements;
• Identify and monitor risks, issues and changes, and work with the project team to resolve them;
• Manage change requests, and coordinate the change process with the project team;
• Attend coordination meetings, write progress reports, and manage the collection and filing of correspondence;
• Participate in all automation control systems and equipment acceptance activities, and conduct
acceptance activities for production-supplied elements;
• Conduct risk assessment analyses and coordinate with Health and Safety Department;
• Collect feedback from suppliers, operations and project teams;
• Collect, write and hand over final documentation and obtain final acceptance;
• Coordinate close-out activities with suppliers, operations and project teams.
We would like to meet you if you have:
• DEC (college-level diploma) in theatrical technologies or equivalent experience in large-scale international theatrical productions;
• At least six years’ experience in development and delivery of automated control systems and
equipment as well as theatrical rigging systems, including 4 years as a project manager;
• Contract and procurement management experience;
• Cost and schedule management experience;
• Risk assessment analysis and management experience;
• Knowledge of various techniques and materials as related to automated control systems and
equipment as well as theatrical rigging systems;
• Fluency in French and English;
• Availability to travel and work abroad for a period of approximately 4 weeks.
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is much more than just a show: it’s also you. At the centre of Cirque's creative energy are talented people with a passion for challenging their own limits.
You will love to:
- Make a real visible difference in what you do;
- Expand and reinvent ways of doing things;
- Work within our business casual environment.
Apply here : https://cirk.me/2PM3vZq
Originally composed of 20 street performers in 1984, Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group completely reinvented circus arts and went on to become a world leader in live entertainment.
On top of producing world-renowned shows, Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group extends its creative approach to a large variety of entertainment forms such as multimedia productions, immersive experiences, theme parks and special events. Going beyond its various creations, Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group aims to make a positive impact on people, communities and the planet with its most important tools: creativity and art.