Job Description / Duties
- Sets up audio-visual, sound, staging, lighting, and video equipment for various school and District activities.
- Advises and assists schools in technical aspects of productions such as staging, sets and set construction, special effects, and lighting/sound.
- Assists secondary schools in the set-up, operation, maintenance, and training for advanced sound and lighting systems, including software-controlled operation, wireless sound, communication systems, and intelligent lighting instruments.
- Trial tests various types of equipment, replaces parts, makes minor adjustments as required and determines if additional repairs are needed.
- Demonstrates the proper operation, techniques, maintenance and care of equipment to teacher and student groups and assists with same as required.
- Maintains equipment inventory relevant to his/her department.
- Prepares video and audio for use by educational groups.
- Provides advice and direction to Administrators in the purchase of equipment.
- Orders supplies as required.
- Lifts and transports heavy equipment.
- Assists with musical instrument inventory.
- Other assigned job related duties.
Qualifications / Required Skills
- Grade 12 supplemented by a two year program in Technical Theatre at the post-secondary level.
- One year proven previous work experience in area employed.
- Valid B.C. Driver’s License.
Basis: 12 months – 5 days per week – 7.5 hours per day
Shift: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Salary: $24.51 per hour
Dr. John Churchley
Assistant Superintendent - Human Resources
Kamloops, BC V2C 3X7
View full posting on-line
<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-size: 14px; font-weight: bold;">Employer Profile</span>
The Kamloops Thompson School District provides Public Education Programs in the City of Kamloops, and the municipalities of Chase, Barriere, Logan Lake, and Clearwater. Many smaller communities make up our district, from Savona in the west, to Westwold in the southeast and to Blue River in the north. The population of this region is approximately 103,000. The majority of the School District’s residents live in Kamloops.
Kamloops is approx 3 1/2 hours northeast of Vancouver.
More about Kamloops