This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Production
Summary of Role:
The Production Services Coordinator is a highly visible position that will require exceptional management to act spontaneously to changing needs of the Production team. The Production Services Coordinator will have a strong knowledge of stage management and stage safety practices; will collaborate with all departments to ensure the successful delivery of the Grandstand Show production.
Job Duties/ Description:
• The Production Services Coordinator plays an integral part of the Production team and is required to be available at all times to provide support of the stage managers and production team.
• Responsible for a variety of aspects in support of the back stage production for the Grandstand Show.
• Set up/ strike of rehearsal space and performance facility, including dressing rooms and under stage areas.
• Plans and schedules back of house tasks to be completed.
• Responsible for completing end of season strike and winter storage.
• The Production Coordinator to ensure a smooth rehearsal, performance flow and on-time operation of the all aspects of the production.
• Fulfill orders for equipment and supplies.
• Attend all production meetings.
• Attend all rehearsals and performances.
• Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will be proactive, optimistic and have worked in a dynamic environment where they have experience delivering on multiple priorities and will hold the following qualifications:
• Ideal candidates should have strong experience in stage and show management for concerts, live events, and/or theater.
• Enthusiastic, highly motivated with an excellent work ethic.
• Ability to supervise and motivate personnel.
• Strong Communication skills.
• Personable and comfortable in large crowds.
• The role may involve manual labour.
• Maintain good public relations with all patrons and guests of the Calgary Stampede.
• Actively cooperate with all Calgary Stampede staff and volunteers.
• Conform to all policies and procedures of the Calgary Stampede, especially those relating to safety and security.
• Agree to a police background check.
Employment Term: Limited/ Seasonal March 16 – July 31, 2015
Reports to: Grandstand Show Coordinator
Supervises: Production Assistant(s)
Salary: Negotiable based on experience
Grandstand Show Coordinator
The Calgary Stampede is a not-for-profit community organization that preserves and celebrate our western heritage, cultures and community spirit. The Stampede contributes to the quality of life by promoting volunteerism, presenting a year-round slate of events, investing in youth and agricultural programs, and developing a unique western experience for the world to enjoy. Since its debut, the TransAlta Grandstand Show has entertained and amazed audiences from around the world. From humble beginnings the production has grown in size and scope, incorporating amazing technology, the world’s best music, spectacular stunts, a world-class fireworks display, jaw-dropping pyrotechnics and stunning sets. The production team and cast of the Grandstand Show comprises of more than 140 performing artists, administrative staff, technicians and venue personnel over the course of each year with over 150,000 patrons attending the shows annually.