This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Management
Province: Regina, Saskatchewan
Position: Production Manager
Deadline: April 5, 2019
Posted: March 22, 2019
Job Description / Duties
Reporting to the Artistic Director and Executive Director, this position works closely Company Manager, Building Manager and Accounting Manager to ensure operational and financial success of Globe theatre. Supervising the Technical Director whom is responsible for direct supervision of the production team
• Responsible for Negotiating the terms and conditions of all contracts for directors, choreographers, actors, lighting, set and costume designers, composers, musical directors, musicians and stage managers, remaining up-to-date on all applicable collective agreements (e.g. CTA, ADC, IATSE, AFM).
• Develop budgets for personnel, casual labour, seasonal supply and show expenses, in conjunction with the Technical Director and Executive Director. Once provided with a final season budget, adhering to that budget unless approval to exceed is provided by the Executive Director.
• Responsible for season planning including development of production schedules, creation of show budgets, seasonal budgets and determining the amount of staffing required for the mains stage shows in conjunction with the Technical Director.
• Determine all design and construction deadlines for directors, designers and production personnel, in conjunction with the Technical Director. Work closely with designers and department staff to ensure that those deadlines are met.
• Negotiate the terms and conditions for all show licenses with various rights holders
• Ensure that the needs of stage management are met and that a clear channel of communication is maintained.
• Approval of all production department payroll including, production staff, casual production staff, and stage management
• Hold enough regularly-scheduled production meetings to trouble-shoot and coordinate the concerns of directors, designers, composers, stage managers, production staff and the Artistic Director.
• Provide department staff with budgets and time lines, working closely with each of them to assist them in managing both.
• Review and sign off on visa expense and petty cash reports of all production staff.
Qualifications / Required Skills
The individual in this position shall possess exceptional interpersonal, communication, project management, supervisory, and technical skills; they should be well versed all areas of theatre and have experience in season planning, budgeting, and staffing. An ideal candidate should be a graduate of a recognized post-secondary theatre production program or have demonstrated experience in a management role at a recognized theatre. Additionally, experience managing a unionized production team is an asset.
Globe theatre also offers a competitive benefits package including employer contributed RRSP.
The start date for this full-time position is May 10th 2019. This will allow for some crossover training which will end of May 31st.
Salary: Salary range between $65,000 and $70,000.
Interested individuals should email a letter of interest, by April 5th, 2019, in confidence to:
Sean Free Interim Production Manager
We thank all candidates for their submissions though only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted by the Theatre.
Globe Theatre is Saskatchewan’s largest performing arts organization with an annual operating budget of $4.5 million. Located in the historic Prince Edward Building in downtown Regina, Globe Theatre is Canada’s only permanent theatre-in-the-round. The theatre presents a six to seven main stage series as well as a three to five play second stage series that showcases new work and emerging artists. Globe Theatre School offers multi-disciplinary theatre classes for children, teens and adults, a professional actor training program and apprenticeships. Globe encourages a team-oriented environment where the efforts of all employees are focused on supporting the art.