This is a Seasonal, Full-time position.Category: Management
This is a Temporary, Full-time position.
Province: Millbrook, Ontario
Position: Production Manager
-4th Line Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
-Start date is May 11, 2020 and runs through to September 4, 2020.
-Salary: Salary is competitive and will commensurate with experience.
The Production Manager is responsible for the management of all production staff and production elements of 4th line Theatre’s activities. Reporting to the Artistic Director, and working with the General Manager, this position maintains a high level of artistic integrity, safety and appropriate working environment for artistic and production personnel. The Production Manager also works to support the maintenance and improvement of the facility with specific attention to the theatre spaces and equipment therein.
- Prepare production budgets, management and monitoring of accurate expenditures and ensuring adherence to production, staffing, and maintenance budgets
- Plan and maintain the production schedule for each show
- Contract and supervise production related staff and designers
- Ensure all production personnel are well trained, all activities in the production department are handled in a safe and responsible manner, and that the performance spaces are well maintained
- Create and maintain technical documentation and inventories
- Work with designers, directors and production staff to ensure that all productions are realized to the highest artistic standard, within the constraints of the 4th Line Theatre’s schedules and budget
- A thorough knowledge of the methods, practices, techniques, materials, tools, and equipment used in the operation of stage settings, rigging, scenery, audio systems
- Thorough knowledge of the Canadian Theatre Agreement, and other association agreements (Associated Designers of Canada, etc.)
- Working knowledge of provincial Employment Standards Act, and Occupational Health and Safety Act, with specific regards to the live performance guidelines
-Ability to handle multiple tasks with accuracy and to establish and meet deadlines in a timely manner
- High professional standards with acute attention to details
- Exceptional communication and collaborative skills with a demonstrated ability to lead and motivate people
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent experience, with a specialization in theatre and a passion for Canadian theatre
- Three to five years’ experience working as a production manager in a professional or independent theatre context
- Fall Protection certification
- Valid Driver’s License
- WHMIS Certification is an asset
- PAL Certification is an asset
- LE or FE Certification is an asset
Salary: Salary is $800-$900/week, commensurate with experience.
Please send a resume and cover letter by January 24, 2020 to:
If applying by email, please note the position title in the subject line of your email.
4th Line Theatre is an award-winning outdoor theatre company that presents regionally-based, environmentally-staged, historical dramas. Our performance venue is located on the Winslow farm, just outside of Millbrook, Ontario. To find out more about 4th Line Theatre and the upcoming summer season, please visit our website www.4thlinetheatre.on.ca
*4th Line Theatre can arrange temporary housing options for the length of the contract for out-of-town applicants.