This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Other
Reporting to the Associate Director of Finance, the Accounts Payable Manager is responsible for managing, supervising and training a team of accounts payable staff as well as designing effective processes and systems that capture the transactional data for the National Arts Centre.
The Accounts Payable Manager oversees financial services provided to ensure a high level of effectiveness. Furthermore, the incumbent develops policies and procedures and provides guidance to other departmental staff to ensure consistency and comprehensiveness of information.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Ensure accurate and timely vendor payments;
• Manage, supervise and train three accounts payable staff;
• Review and ensure adherence to applicable & evolving internal controls related to Accounts Payable;
• Support tax reporting and other compliance activities;
• Manage the issuance of corporate credit cards and payment processes;
• Oversee the preparation of cheques, wire transfers, cash payments and electronic transfers;
• Support external audits;
• Reviews and enters payroll information into the general ledger;
• Administers the corporate travel, hospitality and conference policy and related reporting requirements;
• Participate in the implementation and design of new business systems;
• Provide support to other departments across the company;
• Administer T4A, T4ANR and T1204 withholding, remittances and annual reporting processes;
• Responsible for the annual performance review of staff;
• Participate in the hiring process for the AP team;
• Other duties and ad-hoc tasks as assigned;
• Manage the complex process of financial information transfer from the Box Office to the general ledger, including ticket sales, accounts receivable, accounts payable and reconciliations;
• Manage the process of settlement and payment with artistic companies, which requires occasional evening and weekend assignments.
• Bachelor’s degree in finance or business administration
• Professional accounting designation or equivalent
• Minimum of five (5) years of professional experience in a similar position or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
• Experience managing, leading and motivating team members
• Fluently bilingual in both official languages
• Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and other software
• Experience using Infor SUN systems and PQMA would be an asset
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
• Ability to build relationships across different teams;
• Ability to challenge spending decisions;
• Excellent work ethics
• Experience in dealing with federal and provincial statues and regulations;
• Ability to work under pressure and with a team and problem solving skills;
• Good organizational skills and initiative;
• Excellent analytical skills and attention to details
• Solid written and communication skills
• Love of the arts
Regular attendance at work is an expectation of employment and an essential part of every job.
Salary: $66,600 - $99,100
Canada is our stage.
Those four words inform everything we do as a catalyst for performance, creation and learning across this great land. We are proud to be a home for many of Canada’s most exciting artists who captivate audiences on our stages and on stages across the country.
Our Five Core Values:
Go Above and Beyond