This is a Permanent, Part-time position.Category: Technical
Globe Theatre is looking for a Head of Sound to coordinate, implement, and oversee all sound elements for productions produced and presented by the Theatre.
The individual in this position must enjoy working collaboratively. In addition to having superior interpersonal, project coordination, and problem solving skills.
The Theatre expects the Head of Sound to:
- Coordinate and run all sound installs, cueing sessions, setups and strikes
- Be the Sound Operator for all Main Stage productions and special events
- Be technically proficient with analogue and digital mixing consoles, effects processors, sound equalization, and in microphone selection and usage
- Have experience in live audio recording and editing using Pro Tools software
- Be able to source sound effects and music
- Have experience repairing and maintaining sound equipment
- Be able to effectively communicate and correspond with Sound Designers, Composers and other members of the projection department
- Have strong time management skills and be able to work towards a deadline
- Hire, supervise, discipline, terminate additional crew as required
This seasonal contract runs from November 2011 through June 2012; interested individuals should email a letter of interest, resume and references to:
Crystal L. Spicer, Director of Production
This posting will close on Friday, October 28 2011.
Globe Theatre is a dynamic theatre company located in an historic building in downtown Regina. We are the largest professional arts organization in Saskatchewan with an annual operating budget of 3.6 million dollars and produce six main stage productions per season for our permanent theatre-in-the-round and 5-7 productions in the Shumiatcher Sandbox Series. Globe encourages a team-oriented environment where the efforts of all employees are focused on supporting the art form.