This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
Reporting to the Technical Operations Manager, the position of Head Technician is a full-time position. Areas of knowledge and expertise required for the position are widely varied. The following lists the main areas of responsibility.
* To maintain a full working knowledge of all theatre systems and equipment
* To act as technical support as assigned for events at the ACT, providing professional timely assistance to all users and staff where necessary
* When assigned as duty technician, supervise and monitor all activities in areas accessible to renter groups to ensure safe and orderly behavior and procedures with as per WCB and WHMIS regulations
* In collaboration with the Operations Manager, take a proactive approach to advancing renter and Arts Council productions you are assigned to
* Adhere to the best practices possible of safe work procedures and ethics
* Perform ongoing maintenance as directed and required to the facility
* Maintain up to date timesheets, provided onsite in writing at all times
* Fill in any performance paperwork as required in a timely manner
* Execute thorough building checks and lockups when on duty
* Take a positive proactive approach and attitude towards all tasks and duties
* Help maintain a clean and orderly workplace
* Check emails, messages etc. per shift and respond in a timely fashion
* Assist other staff or undertake room setups, tear downs as required
* Other duties as required by the Technical Operations Manager
* In conjunction with the Operations Manager, assist with the development of a capital replacement plan for major technical equipment in the theatre, including service requirements, setting priorities, cost estimates and related budgeting and the various timelines for replacement.
* This position requires dedication and advanced technical knowledge with demonstrated abilities in planning, organizing and coordinating diverse performing arts and other related activities or events.
* This individual must be a graduate of a technical training program with a minimum of 5 years experience or equivalent training and experience
* He/she should have a high level of computer literacy and be willing to participate in ongoing professional development and education
* The candidate must be able to work with diverse groups under stressful situations, at odd hours, and with the ability to work within the budget, policies, regulations and contractual obligations established by the Board of Directors and enforce these policies, regulations and contracts with fairness, impartiality and good judgment
* Due to the nature of the business the individual will work a flexible workweek with some evenings and weekends
* Must be comfortable working at heights and often lifting loads of 45 pounds.
Required Licenses, Certificates and Registrations:
* BC Drivers License
* Occupational First Aid Level 1 - WCB
* BC FE (full entertainment) qualification – BC Electrical Safety Branch preferred but not mandatory
* Lift operator certification preferred.
Experience with counterweight fly systems is a must.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
How to Apply:
Send a resume and cover letter to:
Roger Lantz, Technical Operations Manager