This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
• Serve as running crew for ATP productions or rentals as assigned by the theatre
• Oversee the set-up and operation of all scenic elements and rigging for productions, rentals, or other events in the Martha Cohen Theatre, or other venues leased or owned by ATP as required
• In consultation with other members of the production team, to maintain the technical and artistic integrity of all ATP productions
• Supervise casual stage crews while work is being performed in the Martha Cohen Theatre
• Inspect and maintain all stage areas, staging equipment and tools
• To report to the Technical Director and Director of Production in matters of equipment, scheduling, staffing requirements and show preparation
• To report to the Stage Manager in regards to rehearsals and performances
• To read all scripts for ATP productions prior to the first day of rehearsal and attend rehearsals as scheduled
• Assist shop carpenters in planning and construction of scenic elements for ATP as required
• Attend production meetings, staff meetings, technical rehearsals, and notes sessions as necessary
• Track rigging inventory and record keeping in regard to storage, use, safety, and maintenance. Contribute to the overall production archive
• Serve as the Fire Warden governing the Martha Cohen Stage
• A passion for performing arts and the creation of new work.
• Broad working knowledge of theatrical rigging, and safety guidelines for a fly house
• Good organizational and communication skills
• Ability and enthusiasm for working in a collaborative, adaptive team environment
• Experience with theatrical scenic construction including a wide range of materials is an asset
• Ability to interpret set design drawings
• Experience with Vectorworks and all associated programs would be an asset
Reporting to the Technical Director, this is a full term position with work commencing November 5th.
Interviews will commence immediately and resumes will be accepted until a successful candidate is found. We thank everyone for their interest, but only those short listed will be contacted.
For more information about Alberta Theatre Projects please visit our website, www.atplive.com
Salary: Working conditions and wage shall be governed by Collective Agreement with I.A.T.S.E., Local 212.
Please send a letter of interest, an up-to-date CV, and a list of three references to David Fraser, Director of Production at .
At ATP we create community by producing relevant, high quality contemporary theatre; by playing a national leadership role in the development and creation of new Canadian plays; and by bringing audience and artists together in an exchange around the work.
Alberta Theatre Projects is committed to a diverse workforce and a respectful work environment. We are focused on attracting and retaining the best talent by encouraging applications from all qualified individuals including visible minorities, aboriginal people, and people with disability.