This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Other
Working under the supervision of the Technical Director, the Head Carpenter is responsible for all scenic elements, the equestrian footing and the other technical areas on site. This includes set-up and dismantling operations during transfers as well as the proper operation, maintenance and repairs of equipment as per the needs of the show.
• Planning, coordinating and performing the set-up and tear down of all scenic elements and the equestrian footing during transfers;
• Planning, coordinating and carrying out the necessary maintenance, repairs and troubleshooting to maintain the all scenic elements and the equestrian footing in excellent condition;
• Responsible for the safety and cleanliness of technical areas (backstage, technical shops, etc.);
• Operating scenic elements and assisting the backstage manager during shows, rehearsals and media events;
• Ensuring that operations are smooth and safe during rehearsals, shows, and media events;
• Ensuring that the scenic elements conform to the original concept and quality of the show;
• Planning and participating in the updating, replacement and maintenance of scenic elements in collaboration with the technical department;
• Creating and keeping a maintenance and repair log up to date;
• Managing the “on tour” and “fly-in” carpenters as well as teams of local employees;
• Loading and unloading trucks and flatbeds as per loading plans;
• Participating in all necessary safety training courses as well as training for emergency rescues procedures;
• Performing all other tasks required to ensure that show operations are smooth and safe.
• 3 to 6 years minimum experience as a Head Carpenter;
• Touring experience is a must;
• Managerial experience;
• Ability to drive a forklift and operate other heavy machinery;
• Ability to perform physical tasks;
• Bilingual (French & English), an asset;
• Interested in touring full-time with the show and authorized to travel and work in foreign countries.
Salary: To be discussed.
Interested candidates should send their resume to:
Re: Head Carpenter
Fax: (514) 879-9003
Cavalia Inc. is an entertainment company that specializes in the creation, production and touring of innovative shows. Founded by Normand Latourelle, the company reimagines the equestrian and theatrical arts. With its headquarters in Montreal, Cavalia Inc. is an integral part of Canada’s cultural heritage, and the largest Canadian-owned cultural enterprise. Its expertise in high technology, multimedia and special effects creates magical, unique, never-before-seen experiences. Its first show, Cavalia, has been seen by more than 4 million people across North America, Europe, Australia, the Middle East and Asia since its 2003 debut. Odysseo, the company’s second show, has toured to rave reviews and public acclaim since its 2011 premiere.