This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Management
The General Manager will report to a Board of Directors of a non-profit society
which is being set up to operate the centre on behalf of the City.
The role of the General Manager will be to:
• oversee the operation;
• supervise a small group of paid staff supplemented by volunteers;
• set and control the operating and programming budgets;
• assist local groups in the development of the performing arts in the community;
• develop a program of professional entertainment for the community through one or more presenter series; and
• develop and direct fundraising activities.
Candidates should be experienced theatre practitioners with:
• a commitment to the community’s artistic future;
• a demonstrated record of theatre experience with at least five years of professional theatre management;
• a proven skill in the supervision and direction of staff and volunteers;
• a proven record of financial management;
• experience in the development of professional presenter series;
• experience in fundraising; and
• development of a business from “start up”.
Candidates should respond in writing by November 22, 2011, providing work experience, references, availability, salary expectations and the skills they would bring to the operation.
Commencement of this position will be as soon as can be arranged.
Salary: Submit salary expectations with resume
Director of Human Resources
City of North Battleford
1291 101St. Box 460
North Battleford, SK S9A 2Y6
The City of North Battleford is accepting applications for the position of General Manager
for an exciting "start up" operation for their new Performing Arts Centre scheduled to open in the spring of 2012.The Arts Centre is currently under construction and will contain a 400 seat proscenium theatre with a fly tower, Front of House/Back of House support and a multi-purpose space.
The population of North Battleford is approximately 15,000 and is a regional center for approximately 62,000 people. North Battleford is located 140 km west of Saskatoon and 390 km east of Edmonton in Northwest Saskatchewan. The City is the hub of North West Saskatchewan and offers affordable housing, competitive wages, leisure & cultural activities, historical attractions, quality educational, health, retail & professional services.