This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Management
The Kay Meek Centre in West Vancouver seeks an experienced full time Front of House & Volunteer Manager. Reporting to the Client Services & Operations Manager, this position is responsible for all Front of House activities, recruitment, training and scheduling of volunteers, and overseeing all aspects of lobby sales and concessions for all events within the Kay Meek Centre. Type of events include shows that are a) Presented and Produced by the KMC, b) Shows and Events for our Rental Clients and c) Shows and Events with the staff and students of School District 45. This position ensures the comfort and safety of the patrons throughout all publicly accessed areas as well as conforming to Health & Safety, and Fire Regulations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Front of House / Concession
· Act as an ambassador for the Centre offering the highest quality of customer service and presentation.
· Lead and supervise a large group of volunteers and ensure the delivery of the highest standards of customer service to visitors.
· Liaise with Technical staff and when appropriate the event liaison to gather necessary event information.
· Efficiently communicate event details and requirements to the ushers.
· Provide constructive feedback to the team and address performance issues.
· Respond to requests from volunteers to help resolve customers difficulties and problems.
· Ensure the venue is properly prepared prior to the arrival of guests including ensuring parking lots are open to the public and signage is placed and returned as appropriately needed.
· Aid visitors and coordinate Ushers in the event of an evacuation, according to procedures and following instructions from the Technical Director. Provide first aid response as required.
· Complete a nightly show report and report any trends or concerns to the Operations Manager.
· Monitor third party catering personnel when necessary.
· Oversee concession orders, sales, inventory and make sure financial controls are met.
· Monitoring and managing lobby sales and concession
· Develop and maintain the Kay Meek Centre volunteer program, instilling our culture of volunteerism and a welcome atmosphere.
· Schedule volunteer work times based on event schedule and other needs as communicated by Client Relations Manager
· Provide schedule updates to volunteers as required and follow up on absenteeism
· Respond to expressions of interest from potential volunteers, schedule orientation of new volunteers and enter new volunteers into systems
· Oversee the motivation, recognition and retention of the volunteer corps.
· Organize all volunteer recognition activities
· Support recruitment activities for new volunteers
· Provide feedback to Client Relations Manager and Executive Director to help develop and maintain policies and systems for effective volunteer management, including recruitment, recognition and retention.
Minimum Requirements / Qualifications
· 3+ years experience in Front of House in performing arts venues and/or applicable Customer service experience
· Highly organized, with good attention to detail.
· Ability to work flexible hours including late nights and weekends.
· Motivated, self-starter able to work without supervision
· Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
· Experience working with, and/or overseeing volunteers
· Experience dealing with cash floats, reconciling reports and inventory.
· Strong computer skills. Experience with Constant Contact (or equivalent program) an asset.
· Ability to motivate volunteers and staffs in a friendly and outgoing manner
· Superior communication and people skills
· Certifications: Serving it Right, First Aid Level 1
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document, by 5pm on Feb 26th, 2016, BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: FOH / Volunteer Manager. Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
Kay Meek Centre Email:
* Please note the position title in the subject line *
Kay Meek Centre is West Vancouver’s premier performing arts centre housing two theatres. Available to all organizations on a rental basis, as well as an active presenter of theatre, dance, music and film presentations, the Centre offers an extensive range of activities that attracts audiences from across the Lower Mainland.