This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Management
The Production Manager is a contracted position within Fringe Theatre Adventures’ (FTA) Operations Department who oversees production activities specific to the creation and operation of Festival venues and site infrastructure for the annual presentation of the Edmonton International Fringe Theatre Festival. This position supervises and works closely with the Venue Technical Director, Site Technical Director, and Assistant Technical Director in the short and long-term planning and management of the Festival production team, consisting of production assistants and union stage technicians. This position will manage scheduling and the financial resources specific to production activities. The Production Manager will also assist in acquiring and maintaining all resources necessary for each position within the production team to fulfill their respective duties and responsibilities.
Duties & Responsibilities
Edmonton International Fringe Theatre Festival
• Overseeing the staffing and operations of production activities including construction, installation, running and strike of all site and venue infrastructure and equipment necessary for the efficient operation of performance and public spaces; i.e., lighting and power distribution, sound reinforcement, staging, seating and masking systems as required by the Festival.
• Liaising with all FTA company departments to establish technical requirements for the Festival.
• Liaising with relevant positions to plan production activities.
• Overseeing staffing and ensuring adherence all terms under the collective agreement with IATSE Local 210.
• Acquiring rooms necessary for Festival programming.
• Creating budgets and tracking expenses relevant to production activities.
• Negotiating and overseeing service contracts relevant to production activities.
• Creating a capital plan to expand current inventory.
• Managing production schedules including:
• Management of department staff (permanent and casual)
• Service contracts negotiations
• Budgeting and expense tracking
• Maintaining accurate files and reports related to production.
• This is a salary position and is commensurate with experience.
Fringe Theatre Adventures is an equal opportunity employer. Fringe Theatre Adventures thanks all applicants in advance for their interest in this posting. However, only those applicants considered for this position will be contacted for an interview.
Salary: • This is a salary position and is commensurate with experience
10330 – 84th Avenue
Edmonton, AB T6E 2G9
Phone: (780) 448-9009
Fax: (780) 431-1893
Producer of the annual Edmonton International Fringe Theatre Festival and operators of the TransAlta Arts Barns