This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
Reporting to the Director of Construction, this employee shall coordinate and supervise the construction of scenery according to Production Canada specifications. This employee is responsible for quoting and planning scenery construction and managing client expectations. During project executions, the Construction Project Manager will direct crews in the building of scenery on site. The Construction Project Manager works in conjunction with the DOC to maintain project budgets.
- Manage event budgets
- Cost and analyze drawings and projects
- Direct site crews
- Supervise shop staff
- Draft construction drawings for other shop carpenters
- Lead and direct local crew at event setups
- Load and drive trucks (standard 24’ @ 5-ton)
- Maintain client communication and expectations
- Interact in a friendly and responsible manner with clients and other staff
- Five years of professional experience in the corporate event or theatre industry with at least two years in a management position
- Extensive knowledge of woodworking tools and scenery construction methods
- Ability to read construction drawings and generate accurate estimates
- Working knowledge of CAD and drafting in both 2D and 3D, Vectorworks preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft & Google Suites
- Ability to manage both carpentry staff and clients
- Must have a valid driver’s license and own a vehicle
- Personable disposition a must
Regular shop hours range from 8am-6pm, but we operate a flexible production schedule to accommodate the needs of our staff. Our shows setup at all hours of the day and night, and a flexible schedule is required and appreciated.
Salary: $60k - $70k annually paid bi-weekly
Please send your resume and a cover letter via email to with the term “CPM” in the title. No calls please.
Production Canada is an award-winning company that helps clients manifest their event vision into experiences with impact. As the only company to blend scenic construction, full-service event production, and a celebrated approach to client service, Production Canada is expertly positioned to build strong, lasting relationships with its customers.