This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Other
IATSE Local 411 is a not-for-profit union currently seeking to fill a full time Dispatch Call Steward/Office Assistant. This job is a remote position with, a 2 day on site office commitment.
The Call Steward agrees, to provide Craftservice Dispatch Services for the Union. These services shall include the following:
Computer Aided Dispatch: The Call Steward shall provide dispatch services utilizing a Crewing Database System.
Duties of the Call Steward: Crewing protocols will require the Call Steward to receive incoming calls, place outgoing calls and perform data entry into the Crewing Database System. The Call Steward will use the Crewing Database System to fill crewing requests placed by Local411 signatory productions for Daily Craftservice Providers. In doing so, the Call Steward will be required to process and prioritize incoming call requests for Daily Craftservice Providers in accordance with prescribed policies and procedures as set by the Union.
Duties of the Office Assistant: Assist with a variety of administrative duties in the office 2 days a week. Occasional vacation coverage for the office staff.
• Exceptional Customer Service Skills with an eye for detail.
• Minimum 1-year Dispatch experience is preferred
• Worker Occupational Health and Safety Awareness certificate
• WHMIS GHS Component certification
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Numeracy and literacy skills
• Must have strong time management ability
• Strong oral and written communication skills (English)
• A professional phone demeanor
• Ability to work in a computer network environment
• Ability to work independently
• Able to multitask and prioritize
• Able to work as a team member in a fast-past environment
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Strong ability to problem solve
• Positive attitude/self motivator
• Please send a resume, and cover letter via email to:
• No phone calls please. Applications will only be accepted via email
• Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
• More Information about IATSE Local 411 can be found at www.iatse411.ca
Local 411 is an affiliate of the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees, which represents over 110,000 members employed in motion pictures, legitimate theatre and trade shows across North America. Local 411 works in tandem with all the other Unions, Guilds and Associations in the Toronto area and has jurisdiction for its members across the province of Ontario. We have dedicated professional members who have a broad range of skills and experience working on everything from documentaries to Oscar winning feature films. Our members form the backbone of every production, on set and in the office, working through all phases of production, prep to post.