This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Production
NBS is currently inviting applications for the Full Time Contract position (July 2011 – July 2012) of
AUDIENCE & CLIENT RELATIONS COORDINATOR
In this position, reporting to the Production and Theatre Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the co-ordination of ticket sales for all internal Canada’s National Ballet School events. You will also be responsible for acting as a Front of House Manager for all events (internal & rental) in the Betty Oliphant Theatre. As a member of Production department you will manage Front of House ushering staff and volunteers.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for all aspects of the front of house during events held at the Betty Oliphant Theatre.
• Maintains Front of House staff by: recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees.
• Coordinates ticket sales and reporting for internal events.
• Maintains Box Office phone system; updates outgoing messages regularly, checks and returns all voicemail messages in a timely manner.
• Acts as consistent point of contact for Professional Ballet Program parents to reserve tickets for events.
• Tracks audience attendance for: patron safety in event of emergency, NBS Grant applications and further development opportunities.
• Manages public relations issues which occur at the theatre during a performance.
• Implements and updates front of house emergency and evacuation policies.
• Research and recommend further patron development opportunities to increase revenue.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in Front of House and Box Office supervisory role
• Post-Secondary education in Theatre or a related field or equivalent experience
• Extensive knowledge of MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel
• Superior customer service skills with strong time management and organizational skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Certification in First Aid and Smart Serve preferred
• Demonstrated leadership experience in supervising, and motivating of crew is required
Successful candidates must supply the National Ballet School with a Police Reference Check in accordance with the School’s Child Abuse/Sexual Abuse Prevention Policy; this will be coordinated through the Human Resources Department of NBS.
Qualified applicants should send their resumes to including “Audience & Client Relations Coordinator - 2011” in the subject line of your email by May 23, 2011. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
Consideration of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
NBS thanks all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Canada’s National Ballet School is located at 400 Jarvis St., Toronto, Ontario M4Y 2G6.
Please visit www.nbs-enb.ca for more information.
Since its founding in 1959, Canada’s National Ballet School (NBS) has garnered the highest international acclaim for excellence in the training of dance professionals. NBS graduates dance in major companies around the world, and include some of the world’s finest choreographers and artistic directors. In addition to its core professional ballet program which includes residence and academic education for students in Grades 6 through 12, and intensive dance training for post-secondary students, NBS has an esteemed teacher training program and part-time classes for both young dancers and adults.