This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
The Assistant Technical Director assists the Director of Production, Technical Director and Senior Assistant Technical Director in ensuring high quality production values for all Citadel productions and rental events and making appropriate, effective and safe use of our facilities and human and financial resources.
Responsibilities (under the direction of/in collaboration with the Director of Production, Technical Director and Senior Assistant Technical Director):
• coordinating activities related to Citadel Theatre productions
• participate, as required, in aspects of design, construction and technical servicing of activities
• researching costing and purchasing of materials and equipment, theatrical techniques when requested
• arranging and overseeing technical support for rental events in the Citadel complex, ensuring the effective and efficient operation of facilities and equipment
• acting as a representative of the Theatre in meetings with rental clients and ensuring, with the Guest Services department, excellent customer service
• supervising the arrangements for and effective and efficient operation of get-ins, fit-ups, sound checks, installations and strikes for visiting artists, companies and groups.
• participate, as required, in managing staffing to ensure appropriate technical staff are present to meet the technical and production needs of Citadel productions, artists and outside groups
• ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation, licensing and safety requirements
• post secondary technical theatre training or equivalent experience
• knowledge of production techniques and theatre equipment
• working knowledge of CAD
• strong team leadership and interpersonal skills
• highly organized, able to multi-task, prioritize work and meet deadlines
• availability to work evenings and weekends
• experience working with IATSE
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit a resume and letter of interest by August 22, 2011 to:
Marianne Bouthillier, Associate Executive Director
The Citadel is a very active, not-for-profit theatre producing an annual season which includes a Mainstage series of six plays, three shows in the Rice (second-stage) Series, a large scale production for youth and families, and our seasonal production of A Christmas Carol. The Citadel is also home to the Robbins Academy which encompasses our five creative development programs: Play Development, the Citadel/Banff Centre Professional Theatre Program, Foote Theatre School, Citadel Young Companies and Audience Outreach.
Our beautiful facility in Edmonton’s Downtown Arts District is used by numerous arts organizations and community groups and contains: the Shoctor Theatre - a proscenium stage with 686 seats; the Maclab Theatre - a thrust stage with 685 seats; the Rice Theatre - a 200 seat black box theatre with flexible seating; the Tucker Amphitheatre - an open-air multi-functional area which seats 150; Zeidler Hall - a 240 seat theatre suitable for films and lectures; the Lee Pavilion - a beautiful indoor garden with pools and a 30 foot waterfall