This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Production
Reporting to the Technical Director, this position works closely with Production staff, Designers, and Stage Management. In fulfilling this position’s core responsibilities, Globe Theatre expects the Assistant Technical Director to:
• In consultation with the Technical Director, provide schedules for completing all technical elements on time and within allotted budget.
• Assist the Technical Director in supervising the IATSE crew members on assigned productions and events
• Liaise with creative team and production department staff and troubleshoot technical challenges as they arise
• In combination with the Technical Director, oversee all main stage set installations/strikes, lighting hangs and focuses, and other casual crew calls as required by the production schedule
• Attend technical rehearsals as required by the Technical Director
• Assist in the feasibility analysis undertaken for all designs presented for main stage and second stage
• Communicate and co-ordinate with suppliers and organize equipment rentals, purchases and repairs
• Creates and modifies CAD drawings
• Assist and advise with the creation of practical lighting elements as required
• Attend all staff and production meetings
• Be well versed in the use of collective agreements
• Adhere to Globe Theatre’s Personnel Policy
The individual in this position will have received a post-secondary degree from a recognized technical theatre training institution or an equivalent combination of education and professional experience; they should be well versed in theatrical lighting, sound systems, use of video and projection, safe rigging practices, staging and special effects work. The Assistant Technical Director must ensure a high caliber of workmanship in all production elements appearing on stage, be able to read and create technical drawings, champion a safe and responsible work environment, be able to drive towards deadlines while observing budget constraints and demonstrate sensitivity towards staff and artists.
Salary: 800-950 per week
Interested individuals should email a letter of interest in confidence to:
Globe Theatre is Saskatchewan’s largest performing arts organization with an annual operating budget of $4.5 million. Located in the historic Prince Edward Building in downtown Regina, Globe Theatre is Canada’s only permanent theatre-in-the-round. The theatre presents a six to seven main stage series as well as a second stage series that showcases new work and emerging artists. Globe Theatre School offers multi-disciplinary theatre classes for children, teens and adults, a professional actor training program and apprenticeships. Globe encourages a team-oriented environment where the efforts of all employees are focused on supporting the art.