This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Management
The Artistic Operations Assistant will report to the Vice-President, Artistic Operations & Education. S/he is responsible for<address>
The Artistic Operations Assistant will also be the administrative assistant to the Music Director and to the Vice-President, Artistic Operations & Education.
• minimum of 2-3 years experience in production with another symphony orchestra or performing arts organization
• knowledge of classical / orchestral repertoire
• excellent administrative and desktop environment skills (Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook)
• ability to manage several administrative projects simultaneously
• strong time management skills
• ability to work well under pressure
Assets will also include: ability to work independently, but also as a team player; dedication and diplomacy; working knowledge of Microsoft Access. Flexibility to work evenings and weekends required and candidates must hold a valid BC Driver’s Licence.
Resumes and letters of interest should be mailed, faxed or e-mailed no later than December 17, 2010 to:
Artistic Operations Assistant Search
Vancouver Symphony Orchestra
601 Smithe Street
Vancouver, B.C. V6B 5G1
(please place “Artistic Operations Assistant” in Subject Line)
No telephone calls. We thank everyone for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Vancouver Symphony Orchestra is the largest arts organization in Western Canada, performing 150 concerts annually in its home, the Orpheum Theatre, and in numerous venues throughout the Lower Mainland. In addition, the VSO can be heard regularly across Canada and the Northern United States on CBC radio broadcasts. Music Director Bramwell Tovey has led the Vancouver Symphony since the 2000/2001 season.