This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Other
Province: Vancouver, British Columbia
Position: Artistic Coordinator / Tour Manager
Deadline: October 7, 2019
Posted: September 24, 2019
Job Description / Duties
The Artistic Coordinator/Tour Manager is responsible for all day-to-day administrative details of the Artistic department and touring of the Vancouver Opera in Schools program (VOIS) and will report directly to the Director of Artistic Planning.
• Point person for all auditions. Coordinate and post all audition notices. Organize all auditions in
Vancouver and organize auditions for Senior Staff travel outside of Vancouver.
• Contracting of all chorus, orchestra, children and supers per season.
• Oversee and coordinate the involvement of Children in productions. All communication to parents.
• Oversee a coordinate all “Supernumerary/Supers” involvement in productions - all aspects of super
selection, retention, communication.
• Ensure all performing artists have up-to-date bio and headshots in database. Work with Marketing
department to ensure all artists bios are approved and posted on company website.
• Create and maintain the Artistic and Production Department database in Tessitura.
• Manage VOIS budgets.
• Liaise with schools and community presenters to create a touring schedule for VOIS.
• Create and distribute contracts and invoices to school and community presenters.
• Liaise with appropriate personnel in Finance Dept. re: budget tracking/purchase orders/payroll.
• Develop a thorough understanding of the Vancouver Opera agreement with Canadian Actor’s Equity.
Association (CAEA) and Oversee and execute the PPIP program with UBC.
• General communication to Artists, Creative Teams, Artistic/Production Departments, Vancouver Opera
Qualifications / Required Skills
• Be detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
• Strong computer skills - Outlook, Word and Excel are required; Experience with Tessitura or other database software an asset.
• Strong ability to prioritize and multi-task and meet deadlines.
• Demonstrate appropriate problem-solving capabilities, leadership qualities and initiative when required.
• Ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced work environment, experience with multi-event operations is favourable.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Have strong work ethic.
• Be proactive by planning and communicating operational decisions.
• Work well independently and with others.
• Appreciation for Arts and Culture.
Please visit this link for complete job description: http://www.vancouveropera.ca/about/employment/
Start Date – ASAP
Closing date for applications is October 7, 2019
We thank all who express interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary: $40,000 - $45,000 per year with benefits
Applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by email to