This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Production
Reporting to the Technical Director and working closely with all members of the company the Assistant Technical Director will be part of the team that stages the Canadian Opera Company’s season of performances. In addition, the Assistant Technical Director will co-ordinate the technical aspects of the front of house and publicity events in the Canadian Opera Company’s facilities including the Four Seasons Centre for the Performing Arts.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Obtain technical requirements for assigned events
• Create technical estimates, drawings and schedules
• Rent equipment and purchase supplies
• In conjunction with the Technical Director, schedule technical staff
• Supervise technical setups and events
• Provide general technical support to events including; Canadian Opera Company productions, concerts, Front of House events, and third party rentals.
• Attend and contribute to production meetings
• Post-secondary education in the technical/production field or equivalent job experience
• Experience working in an unionized environment
• Superior organization and communication skills (verbal and written)
• Good knowledge of health and safety legislation and best practices
• Excellent people skills
• Ability to work under time constraints
• Computer literate – MS Office, AutoCAD, FileMaker Pro.
This is a full-time position with benefits.
Canadian Opera Company
227 Front Street East
Toronto, ON M5A 1E8
The Canadian Opera Company produces a wide range of opera activity annually, including the highly-acclaimed main season of seven productions and 64 performances, the commissioning of new works, touring and educational programs. The Canadian Opera Company has received praise and international attention for its new opera house, the Four Seasons Centre for the Performing Arts. Considered one of this continent’s finest and most innovative opera companies, the Canadian Opera Company provides a stimulating and supportive work environment.