This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Management
Theatre Junction Society seeks an experienced Director of Business Development. Reporting directly to the Executive Artistic Director, the Director of Business Development will be a key member of the senior management team, responsible for pursuing revenue streams and business opportunities for Theatre Junction GRAND. The successful candidate will work closely with the Board of Directors to develop integrated revenue streams through private events (working closely with the restaurant partner) and fundraising (corporate, individual, private foundations). Marketing plans to support these activities will be integrated with the overall marketing plans of Theatre Junction GRAND.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Develop a comprehensive strategic plan for growing revenues from the private sector. The plan will outline key initiatives and measurable targets to raise funds through sponsorships and donations, private rentals and events.
• Develop a recruitment and retention strategy for volunteer Board Members that will introduce fund development opportunities and leverage existing sponsor relationships.
• Design and implement the fund development strategy, outlining fundraising goals for each Board member, and support the Board in achieving these goals. This will include sponsorship benefits and donor recognition policy.
• Provide overall leadership and manage priorities for Board and Board committees
• Create a business action plan to generate private event revenues in the theatre and restaurant/lounge,
• Manage operations of for-profit event business working closely with Velvet Restaurant on food/beverage needs
• Manage Velvet Restaurant relationship and tenant agreement
• Develop and implement fundraising strategy to augment the building and operating reserve fund
• Working with the Marketing & Communications Manager of Theatre Junction GRAND, develop a fully integrated and long term marketing strategy and plan that leverages marketing of the artistic program with fundraising and private event rental initiatives
This position has a minimum 40-hour work week with some overtime expected during peak periods. Hours are generally daytime office hours, but may be variable during performances and events. Flexibility to attend activities and events in order to develop relationships within the private sector is required.
• Strategic thinker, with the ability to implement strategic initiatives at a tactical level to achieve revenue goals
• Entrepreneurial spirit, with minimum 10 years experience in Business Development within the private sector
• Experience in Fund Development and working in a not-for-profit environment
• Strong network of influential people in the Calgary area interested in philanthropy, the arts and the not-for-profit sector
• A passion for the arts and familiarity with international, national, and local contemporary theatre and dance
• Excellent relational and communication skills
• Flexibility and ability to work under pressure during peak times
Minimum 40 hours/week
Start date: December 2009
Salary: to be negotiated
All interested applicants, please forward your resume and cover letter:
By Email: email@example.com
By Fax: (403) 263-3605
By Mail: Theatre Junction GRAND
608 – 1st Street SW
Calgary, AB T2P 1M6
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Theatre Junction Society, a registered charity, owns and operates Theatre Junction GRAND – Calgary’s culturehouse of contemporary live arts. Theatre Junction GRAND has a Resident Company of Artists who create new work under the direction of Executive Artistic Director, Mark Lawes. We also program international, national and local presentations of theatre, dance and music.