This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Technical
Reporting to the Production Manager, Event Services, the Audio Visual Technician is primarily responsible for operating all technical production equipment that is required for the various single site events, virtual events and video productions for Sun Life Financial business groups and their senior leadership teams. Equipment to include all sound equipment (digital mixers, wireless mics), video (projectors, switchers, video conferencing units, cameras, various sources), lighting (studio lighting, theatrical lighting). This role is also expected to be a key player in our video production service offering which includes video shooting and post production work.
This role includes:
• Advance planning with client to recommend appropriate audio-visual and staging solutions
• Technical ability to successfully operate high-end audio-visual equipment
• Ability to quickly resolve and trouble-shoot technical problems which may arise during an event
• A high degree of customer focus
• Flexibility to completely accommodate last minute changes to meeting requirements
• Exposure to confidential SLF information/announcements
Scope of events includes:
• Live, multi-site virtual events
• Single site, in-person events
• Held at key SLF locations and/or at external venues (hotels, conference centers, etc.)
• Executive level meetings; large scale employee or divisional town halls; product launches
• Planning, management and execution of live virtual and in person events and operation of audio visual technology
• The qualified candidate must also advance experience in:
o Large event and meeting room audio visual staging and presentation equipment such as professional analog and or digital audio consoles, wireless multi-channel system configuration, proper use of graphic equalizer
o Use of broadcast camera
o Use of collaborative tools such as audio, video, web conference, and webcasting
o Audio/video recording/editing skills
o Crestron and video conference equipment
• Video production work including video shoots and post production editing on Adobe CS6 an asset.
• Excellent organizational skills are a must to excel in this position. You must maintain personal audio visual inventory of equipment and supplies.
• Collaborate with team members to gather client requirements and provide cost effective recommendations for impactful events.
• This role also requires a professional attitude as this job requires interaction with senior executives
• You will be required to be proactive and identify any potential issues during the pre-planning phase of the event with the business areas and communications areas including:
o Recommendations for meeting room layout from a technical perspective
o Engage appropriate IT areas to test any new technology for events
• You will be required to troubleshoot and resolve live event issues on the spot including:
o Equipment failure
o Audio and video issues
o Last minute revisions to content (i.e. PowerPoint)
o Support issues from remote locations (i.e. walk local coordinators through any technical issues they are experiencing on their end)
• Reporting and project coordination:
o Gather, calculate, assemble and process reports as needed
o Provide project support for new equipment installation requests or repairs
o Develop and maintain good internal/external client relationships with vendors while ensuring confidentiality.
o Co-ordinate with internal staff and external providers to execute communication strategies using various communication tools to reach employees and managers, where required (i.e. intranet postings, emails, marketing material, etc.)
• Excellent team player
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Professional attitude and manner
• Working knowledge of Cisco video conferencing units.
• Works well under pressure, and is a quick learner in a fast paced environment
• Strong working knowledge of Lotus Notes Database
• Exceptional working knowledge Microsoft Office Suite, (Word, Excel, PPT., etc)
• In-depth knowledge of intranet and internet-based technologies
• Professional Communications skills
• Good strategic planning abilities and ability to understand business objectives and recommend best technical/production approach
• Ability to negotiate schedules with clients; manage changes and adjust plans accordingly
• Excellent time management skills
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Excellent interpersonal skills, as this position requires interaction with all levels of staff across Sun Life Financial
• Driver's license and vehicle
• Ability to lift 30 lbs
• Ability to travel to other SLF locations
• Ability to work overtime hours
Education and Experience:
• Must have an in-depth audio/visual technical knowledge with a minimum of 7 years practical related experience. College diploma/University degree in audio engineering, production, radio and television or other media field.