This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Production
The Chemainus Theatre Festival (CTF) seeks a full-time Production Manager charged with the operation of CTF’s Production Department. As part of the theatre’s senior management team, the Production Manager reports to the Artistic Director and supervises production department heads as well as guest designers and stage managers.
• Manages and works with the Production Team to create theatre in keeping with the artistic standards and practices of the CTF
• Fiscal management of Production Budget
• Works closely with all Production Department Heads, (Technical Director, Scene Shop Manager, Head of Wardrobe, Head of Props, Facilities Manager), guest designers and Stage Manager and personnel to achieve goals of CTF
• Establishes and maintain a positive rapport with staff and guest artists
• With Artistic Director and Managing Director, prepares, maintains and manages annual production budgets up to 2.3 million dollars
• Hires, develops, schedules and supervises all production personnel and crew
• With Artistic Director and Associate, negotiates and prepares guest artist contracts
• Prepares and maintains detailed production, rehearsal, performance, and technical schedules and corresponding deadlines
• Develops and administers effective administrative procedures, ensuring that the necessary resources are available to achieve production goals
• Attends production and management meetings and rehearsals as required
• Represents Production Team on inter-department issues and supports the overall operation of the Chemainus Theatre Festival
• Provides an in-depth understanding of all negotiations and agreements that pertain to operation of the department (e.g. WCB, ITA, ADC and CAEA agreements) to ensure that the proper adherence is met
• Forecasts future budgets, monitors current budgets, controls production expenditures and reviews and authorizes yearly capital purchases
• Supervises all production payables and receivables and review production financial statements, schedules, projected cash flows and identifies variances
This position requires skilled experience in professional theatre, preferably with a post-secondary degree in technical theatre. A thorough grounding in all aspects of stagecraft, superior communication, time management and familiarity with budgeting and scheduling production activities are essential. Professional experience in aspects of stage design or stage management is beneficial along with high proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and other compatible programs. The position requires integrity, passion, humour, and self-care in support of the art and craft of theatre.
Salary: This a salaried position with a minimum of $53,000 and additional compensation commensurate with experience and design interests, plus full benefits package including matching group RRSP.
Email resume and cover letter to with the heading “Production Manager Applicant” or send to Search, Chemainus Theatre Festival, 9574 Bare Point Road, Bag 1000, Chemainus, BC V0R 1K0
Live on beautiful Vancouver Island while creating exceptional theatre that explores and nourishes the human spirit. The Chemainus Theatre Festival (CTF) produces up to six Mainstage shows per year and a Kidzplay show for young audiences in a 274 seat venue in the seaside village of Chemainus, BC. Goals include advancing the arts by a focus on storytelling and craft, enriching the region with culture and opportunity and building a vibrant community. CTF engages artists under the terms of Canadian Actor’s Equity Association Independent Theatre Agreement. In 27 seasons of theatre, CTF values work-life balance in our deadline-driven industry and build teams that support and inspire.