This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
Head of Audio
Under the direction of the Director of Production and the Technical Director, the Head of Audio is responsible for the safe and effective operation of the audio department and the organization, installation, operation and maintenance of all audio equipment related to Citadel productions and presentations as well as tours, rentals and other events in the Citadel complex.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Coordinate all Sound requirements for productions and rentals mounted at the Citadel Theatre.
• Liaise with Directors and Sound Designers to ensure the realization of their vision.
• Produce working drawings necessary to realize the needs of the sound design.
• Participate in the development of estimates, costings, budgets and schedules in writing and be responsible and accountable for expenditures in budget accounts.
• Supervise assigned activities related to audio production distribution, communication, live effects and customized components.
• Assemble, construct, and edit music, sound effects, and soundscapes for playback.
• Perform sound design and special effect design functions when required.
• Program and/or operate sound consoles, automated audio control systems and playback devices.
• Operate shows as required.
• Maintain sound inventory and advise management of Capital purchases when required .
• Supervise Audio Personnel, build positive relationships and resolve conflicts.
• Support other activities as required.
• Highly organized, and detailed oriented individual with who displays a positive attitude
• Post-secondary education in a related field and a minimum of five years experience as a Sound Operator in a producing theatre
• Excellent computer skills with a special focus on Apple Systems
• Experience with programming and operating digital consoles
• Experience with Hard Disk playback systems (eg. SFX, LCS, Cricket)
• Ability to manage several projects simultaneously
• Ability to lead and motivate a team
This position works under a collective agreement between the I.A.T.S.E Local #210 and the Citadel Theatre
The Citadel Theatre is an equal opportunity employer. Full benefits are available after the successful completion of a three-month probationary period. Only those persons chosen for interviews will be contacted. The Citadel Theatre thanks all applicants in advance. Position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Reply via email to:
Marianne Bouthillier, Associate Executive Director
The Citadel is a very active, not-for-profit theatre producing an annual season which includes a Mainstage series of six plays, three shows in the Rice (second-stage) Series, a large scale production for youth and families, and our seasonal production of A Christmas Carol. The Citadel is also home to the Robbins Academy which encompasses our five creative development programs: Play Development, the Citadel/Banff Centre Professional Theatre Program, Foote Theatre School, Citadel Young Companies and Audience Outreach.
Our beautiful facility in Edmonton’s Downtown Arts District is used by numerous arts organizations and community groups and contains: the Shoctor Theatre - a proscenium stage with 686 seats; the Maclab Theatre - a thrust stage with 685 seats; the Rice Theatre - a 200 seat black box theatre with flexible seating; the Tucker Amphitheatre - an open-air multi-functional area which seats 150; Zeidler Hall - a 240 seat theatre suitable for films and lectures; the Lee Pavilion - a beautiful indoor garden with pools and a 30 foot waterfall