This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Production
• Work with project managers and designers to achieve the
paint finish for all shows.
• Responsible for choosing proper materials for the required
• Organise a crew of two up to as many as ten painters.
(Usually 3 to 5)
• Working with show budgets to create timelines and schedules
to help keep shows on budget.
• Research paint products and produce paint samples for
• Research new products and processes to keep current.
• 3-5 years experience in scenic art, with a minimum of 2
years of supervision
• Good organisational and communication skills
• Ability to work with individuals and sort out best skill for
the project and maintain department moral.
• Thorough knowledge of traditional scenic art techniques
(wood graining, marbling, drop painting) and the ability to
instruct your crew on these techniques.
• Willingness to follow all Health and safety rules as laid
out in the Great Lakes Policy
Salary: $32.74 per IATSE 828 contract
Great Lakes Scenic Studios is one of Canada’s leading full-service scene shops. With clients literally around the world, Great Lakes works in theatre, theme parks, cruise ship industry, interactive attractions, corporate events and much more. With in house capabilities in welding, metal fabrication, carpentry, props, electrics and paint Great Lakes is able to take a project from design through fabrication and installation.