This is a Seasonal, Full-time position.Category: Production
This position reports to the Head of Wardrobe – Tom Patterson Theatre and is a member of the Wardrobe Management Team within the Production Department. The Costume Coordinator works alongside the Heads of Wardrobe and Head of Wigs & Make-Up.
• Support Heads of Wardrobe with show related needs including paperwork, attending fittings and performances when required
• Coordinate with the Production Stage Manager for daily wardrobe and wig fitting requests
• Assist with daily office administrative tasks
• Responsible for iron, boiler, machine and non-machine maintenance requests
• Setup and maintain tech support materials for wardrobe department
• Coordinate and organize pre-contract fittings with company members
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in theatrical costuming
• An understanding of costume construction, fabrics and costume history
• Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task
• Excellent interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
• Proficient in Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Excel, Word and Outlook
• Excellent team player
Preference will be given to applicants with experience working in a repertory environment and/or previous supervisory experience.
This seasonal full time position is located in Stratford, Ontario and will begin in January 2020 until August 2020.
Salary: $45,000-$51,000 per year
Recognizing that diversity – in our workplace, in our audiences and on our stages – fosters a rich and creative environment; we welcome applicants with disabilities and are committed to accommodating them throughout the hiring process. We encourage all qualified applicants to submit a résumé and cover letter in a single PDF by September 13, 2019 to:
Subject: Costume Coordinator
Would you like to play a meaningful role with North America’s leading classical repertory theatre? At the Stratford Festival, we attract the world’s finest talent, offering a unique experience for staff, artists and actors alike.