This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Management
Under the supervision of the Vice-President of Sales, the Manager will be responsible for coordinating the day-to-day operations for the Toronto Sales/Integration branch. He will also identify objectives, winning strategies and action plans to improve short and long-term sales and earnings by the management of the sales and operations, and the support and development of the team already in place.
• Develop sales strategies covering sales, revenue, and expense controls, meeting agreed targets, and increasing the organisation’s presence and market share in the Toronto area;
• Promote/sell orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationship-based approach based on presenting innovative technological solutions;
• Manage and assigns market sectors and/or product lines to the sales team to maximize sales revenues and meet corporate objectives;
• Create presentations and prepare technical specifications for existing and prospective customers;
• Evaluate market trends and gathers competitive information, identifies trends that effect current and future growth of regional sales and profitability;
• Perform sales activities on major accounts and assists sales personnel in establishing personal contact and report with top echelon decision-makers;
• Review the sales team’s quotations and discounts as well as the management of expenses and business/financial issues on contracts procedures;
• Accurately forecast annual, quarterly and monthly revenue streams.
Assignment & HR:
• Build and develop a team based on performance and growth targets of the branch;
• Manage, supports and coaches the employees in the day-to-day management;
• In collaboration with the HR department, participate in the planning of the human resources and the training required depending on the upcoming projects;
• Participate in the hiring and integration of new employees, following-up with periods of probation and perform annual reviews in collaboration with the HR department;
• Supervise the execution of tasks to ensure good health and safety practices for all employees of the branch and the freelances;
• Act as a contact person with employees in the interpretation and application of working conditions, policies, programmes and internal processes;
• Assess and supervise the employees under his responsibility in order to achieve the objectives of the various departments.
• Problem-solving and analytical skills to interpret sales performance and market trend information;
• Experience in developing sales strategies;
• Proven leadership, management and coaching skills with the ability to motivate and lead the sales, operations and administrative teams;
• Excellent sales and negotiation skills;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Extensive face-to-face customer experience and a strong customer service orientation;
• Demonstrates highly competitive nature and persistence to drive results;
• Establishes and leverages strong internal and external partnerships to facilitate goal achievement;
• Influences with multiple approaches, leverages personality/style differences and utilizes strong negotiation skills;
• Must possess strong analytical skills.
Profile for success:
• Bachelor degree in administration, operations management or any other relevant training;
• 10 to 15 years of related experience in the Audiovisual and/or Live Entertainment Technology sector and at least 5 years in personnel management;
• Ability to deliver and achieve measurable and profitable results;
• Experience in developing sales strategies and new markets;
• Proven experience in project monitoring and change management;
• Ability to develop a team;
• Has demonstrated ability to achieve fixed objectives;
• Ability to develop and maintain strong business relationships to deal effectively at all levels of an organization;
• A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and CRM’s is required;
• Availability for variable working hours if required (evenings and weekends);
• Ability to travel as required by role.
If your profile matches the desired requirements and you want to join the great team of SOLOTECH, please send us your resume to by mentioning the title of the object.
SOLOTECH can supply and install digital display equipment of all types including billboards and LED screens for a vast number of sectors such as malls, sports centers, performing arts centers, hotels, venues, theaters and many more. For over 35 years, Solotech, has been developing technological expertise and working with artists, producers and events all around the world. www.solotech.com