This is a Temporary, Part-time position.Category: Technical
General Statement of Duties:
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Lighting Technician shall be responsible for the operation and maintenance of the Tidemark Theatre Society’s lighting equipment. The Lighting Technician shall provide exceptional customer service, have excellent communication skills, and demonstrate a high level of leadership, professionalism and organization when dealing with clients.
The Lighting Technician shall oversee all operations within the lighting department, ensure that all stage crew work in a safe manner and observe applicable safety regulations, and ensure that all work performed within the lighting department conform to applicable standards and Tidemark Theatre policies.
Lighting Technicians must be familiar with house lighting equipment, power distribution, equipment storage, equipment maintenance, and building layout. Lighting Technicians must also demonstrate an advanced working knowledge and understanding of the following:
• House lighting systems
• Power distribution
• Cables and connectors
• Basic electricity and electrical safety
• Knots used in the theatre
• Stage terminology and practices
The Lighting Technician shall be responsible for reporting to the Managing Director or appointed designate.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
The duties of Lighting Technician shall include but are not limited to:
• Assist with load in and load out of lighting equipment;
• Pack lighting equipment, risers, and any other event-related gear; position is physically exerting and requires kneeling, bending, climbing, etc.
• Operate the lighting console;
• Identify and resolve technical issues in a pro-active manner;
• Modification and maintenance of house lighting equipment as required in consultation with the Managing Director;
• Abide by required crew breaks, rest periods, and work assignments;
• Complete timesheets accurately and submit at the end of each shift;
• Complete post show reports at the end of each shift;
• Participate in meetings, training opportunities, and client consultations as required.
• Represent the Tidemark Theatre Society in a professional manner, particularly when dealing with rental clients, patrons, volunteers, and staff;
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of Tidemark Theatre policies and procedures;
• Adhere to all Worksafe regulations and best practices in the industry;
• Any other duties as assigned by the Managing Director;
• Lighting certification and/or equivalent industry-related experience required;
• Strong communication and customer service skills;
• Knowledgeable in use of lighting equipment, computers, and information technology;
• Ability to exercise courtesy, tact and diplomacy with rental clients, customers, volunteers, and staff;
• Ability to work calmly under pressure;
• Ability to work flexible hours to include evenings and weekends as required;
• Ability to acquire a Criminal Record Check;
• Ability to acquire a valid First Aid level 1 certificate.
Term: September 1, 2013 – June 30, 2014
Hours of Work: flexible work hours
Compensation: $19.20/hour; 4% vacation pay; 4% stat pay
Probationary Period: 3 months
Closing Date: This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Salary: $19.20/hour; 4% vacation pay; 4% stat pay
Please email your resumes to:
1220 Shopper's Row
Campbell River, BC V9W 2C8
We thank you for your interest; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note: In order to be considered, applications must include a cover letter and resume outlining experience and qualifications relative to the position.
The Tidemark Theatre is a municipally owned facility operated by the Tidemark Theatre Society which is a non-profit society. Its mandate is to be a nationally recognized centre for the arts that contributes culturally, economically and socially to our community. The Tidemark Theatre requires casual Lighting Technician for the term beginning September 1, 2013 and ending June 30, 2014.