This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Production
• Responsible for all activities related to building, dressing and maintaining wigs, hairstyles, facial hair and make up including show running
• Consults on appropriate seasonal staffing and training
• Schedules staff activity on a weekly basis.
• Run shows
• Departmental administration including budgeting, purchasing and R&D
• Build positive personnel relationships and resolve conflicts
• In consultation with the Production Director ensures the readiness of all Wig Dept. supplies, equipment and facilities
• Develop improved methods to support Shaw Festival production operations and the diversity of the Shaw Ensemble.
Qualifications include :
• Demonstrated operational knowledge of all theatre systems,
practices and protocols - minimum 5 years in a supervisory role.
• Full understanding of wig construction, styling, cutting, colouring and maintenance for all types of hair
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Proven time management and organizational skills with attention to detail
• Proficiency with computer software, specifically Microsoft Office
• A post secondary education in a technical theatre program or equivalent experience.
• Registration with the Ontario College of Trades in Hairstyling
Salary: as per Shaw / IATSE Local 461 CBA
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume prior to
Nov. 23, 2017 to:
Shaw Festival Theatre
10 Queen’s Parade, Box 774
Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON L0S 1J0
While all responses are appreciated, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
The Shaw Festival is seeking applications for a full time seasonal Head of Wigs and Make Up. The season runs between January and November for a seasonal minimum of 40 weeks. This position is included in the jurisdiction of IATSE Local 461 as outlined in its collective agreement with the Shaw Festival. This position reports to the Production Director.