This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Production
The Head of Props will be responsible for providing rehearsal props, show props and set dressing for all five WCT productions plus supervision of the props for the three visiting shows that make up our season. This is a buyer/ builder position. The Head will also be responsible for:
• Organizing and maintaining Props Shop supplies and materials, and the safe working state and general cleanliness of the Props Shop.
• Being aware of the environmental impact of props processes.
• Maintaining and balancing props budgets.
• Maintaining props stock and storage spaces.
• All rentals/ loans of props to our community partners.
• Attending all production and staff meetings as required.
• Assisting other production departments with advice and technical aid as needs arise.
• On occasion, train and/or lead a production assistant and/or volunteers.
The successful candidate will:
• Be a graduate of a theatre program and have at least 2 years of professional theatre experience or equivalent.
• Have good organizational, self-motivation, communication and time management skills.
• Have a strong ability to work in a team environment.
• Have experience in the safe use of carpentry, props and wardrobe tools.
• Have a broad working knowledge of props construction techniques.
• Have the ability to interpret set design drawings.
• Have a good knowledge of Microsoft Office. Proficiency in a graphics software would be an asset.
• Have a valid driver’s license, and a clean driving record.
Term 37 week contract from August 2013 thru May 2014 - renewable.
Start Date: August 5, 2013
For more information about Western Canada Theatre: www.wctlive.ca
For information about Kamloops: www.tourismkamloops.com
Salary: Please contact me directly.
or Box 329, 1025 Lorne Street, Kamloops, BC V2C 5K9
Western Canada Theatre is a professional theatre based in Kamloops BC playing in the 700 seat city-owned Sagebrush Theatre and WCT’s black box Pavilion Theatre. The coming season will consist of 5 mainstage shows (including 2 imports) and 4 second stage shows (including 3 imports). The centerpiece of the season is Les Miserables. Two of the season’s builds will tour across the country.