This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
• Working as an integral member of the production team, the Head of Props will co-ordinate all prop elements for Alberta Theatre Projects productions.
• Shall be responsible for all properties budgets, including costing, purchasing and labour.
• Read all scripts for ATP productions prior to the first day of rehearsals, and to attend rehearsals as scheduled.
• Attend production meetings, staff meetings, technical rehearsals, and note sessions as scheduled.
• Will be responsible for the construction and purchase of all prop elements for ATP productions.
• Shall supervise all additional labour required for the completion of all prop elements.
• Sewing/ Upholstery
• Scenic Painting
• Casting/ Molding/ Sculpting
• Electrical Wiring
• Photoshop Experience
This is an annually renewable contract position and specific work dates will vary by season. 2017-2018 season work dates are August 7 – November 26, 2017 and January 22 – March 4, 2018.
Salary: Working conditions and wage shall be governed by Collective Agreement with I.A.T.S.E., Local 212. 2016-17 Season hourly wage is $26.77
Please send a letter of interest, an up-to-date CV, and a list of three references to David Fraser, Production Manager at .
Interviews will commence immediately and resumes will be accepted until a successful candidate is found. We thank everyone for their interest, but only those short listed will be contacted.
We create community by producing relevant, high quality contemporary theatre; by playing a national leadership role in the development and creation of new Canadian plays; and by bringing audience and artists together in an exchange around the work.
At Alberta Theatre Projects we are committed to a diverse workforce and a respectful work environment. We are focused on attracting and retaining the best talent by encouraging applications from all qualified individuals including visible minorities, aboriginal people, and people with disability.
For more information about Alberta Theatre Projects please visit our website, www.atplive.com.