This is a Permanent, Part-time position.Category: Other
Job Description Dispatcher:
Working under the direction of the executive board, dispatchers will ensure jobs are appropriately assigned to worker represented by the local in a timely matter. Dispatcher will work 3- 4 days a week on a flex schedule to cover dispatch operational hours.
Responsibilities May Include:
- Assign members to calls base on skills and seniority.
- Interface with crew chief and employers for changes to crew sizes and call time on events in progress.
- Provide information to workers on: location of jobs, category of work, and required safety equipment.
- Manage incoming and outgoing emails with employers and members.
- Provide monthly dispatch reports to the Executive Board of IATSE local 118.
- Maintain dispatch database of worker’s skills and contact information.
- Take incoming dispatch request from employers.
- Create call sheets on the unions online dispatch database (callsteward.com).
- Identify and resolve problems
- Able to work independently
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- Utilize a variety of interpersonal styles and communications methods to effectively adapt to new work structures, and processes.
- Ability to complete tasks in a fast paced time sensitive work environment
- Good phone manner
- High School or equivalent
- General computer skills (Microsoft Office, email, web database management)
- Previous dispatch experience an asset
Salary: Day rate based on experience.
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter to
We thank you for your interest in the position but only candidates chosen for interview will be contacted.
Based in Vancouver I.A.T.S.E. Local 118 is a craft union with a history of over 100 years servicing the performing arts and entertainment industry of British Columbia. I.A.T.S.E. 118 represent technicians working in all aspects of event production, including music concerts, theatre, and corporate AV.