This is a Temporary, Part-time position.Category: Production
The director is responsible to the producer/board of directors.
● Assesses and analyzes every aspect of the play: plot, character, mood, rhythm, style—both
literary and theatrical
● Researches the playwright, the period, and the style
● Executes and interprets the artistic components of the show
● Rehearses and prepares the actors
● Communicates the artistic vision to the designers and all other departments
● Attends all production meetings
● Works within a budget
● Knowledgeable in all aspects of theatre, including design, lighting, sound, costume and acting
● Excellent communication skills
● Strong organizational skills
● Prepared to spend the necessary rehearsal and preparation time
● Strong intuition
● Clear artistic vision
● Willingness to work with many people with a range of experience and abilities
● Likes the play
● Enthusiasm for the project
Communicating the artistic vision to the large cast, crew and production team required in musical
theatre is one of the largest challenges the director will meet. The Director should also define
expectations with Choreographer: which scenes requiring blocking and which scenes require
choreography it is particularly important that the director consciously communicate in a helpful,
creative, supportive and constructive manner. Directors should avoid negative communication
methods such as: blaming, yelling, accusing, threatening, nagging, and not listening.
February 12-14 & 18-21, 2016
St. Jacobs Country Playhouse
Salary: Paid Position
KW Musical Productions is now accepting applications for the Creative Team for Grease. Please send applications to by Friday May 8th, 2015.
KW Musical Productions is a community theatre organization based in Kitchener-Waterloo Providing the opportunity to experience & participate in high quality musical theatre since 1948.