This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Management
Reporting to the Manager of Construction, this employee shall coordinate and supervise the construction of scenery according to Production Canada specifications. This employee is responsible for quoting and planning scenery construction and managing client expectations. During project executions, the Project Manager may direct crews in the building of scenery on site. The Construction Manager works in conjunction with the MOC to maintain project budgets.
- Manage event budgets
- Managing shop and site crews
- Managing and maintaining client communication and expectations
- Costing and Analysis of drawings and projects
- Shop Supervision
- Drafting of construction drawings for other shop carpenters
- Leading and directing local crew support at event setups
- Loading and driving trucks (standard 24’ @ 5-ton)
- Interacting in a friendly and responsible manner with clients and other staff
- Five years of professional experience in the corporate event or theatre industry in a management position
- Extensive knowledge of woodworking tools and scenery construction methods
- Ability to read construction drawings and generate accurate estimates
- Personable disposition a must.
- Ability to manage both carpentry staff and clients a must
- Must have a valid driver’s license and own vehicle
- knowledge of CAD and drafting in both 2D and 3D, Vectorworks preferred
- knowledge of Microsoft Excel
Regular shop hours range from 8am-6pm, but we operate a flexible production schedule to accommodate as much as possible the needs of staff. Our shows setup at all hours of the day and night, and a flexible schedule is required and appreciated.
Remuneration based on skills and experience per hour based on a 40 – 44 hour work week.
Salary: Salary Range = $50k - $65k annually paid bi-weekly.
Please send your 1 page resume and a cover letter via email to
Production Canada is a live event scenery fabrication shop and production company. We design and build for a variety of organizations across the country for theatre companies and corporate clients. We offer complete design and fabrication services in steel, aluminum, wood, painting, laminate etc.
Our company is built around a policy of hard work, fun and respect shared with both staff and clients. Our facility is in Vaughan, ON, about 30-45 mins from downtown Toronto.