This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Production
• The ASM has a twofold responsibility. During the rehearsal period, the ASM
operates as the Stage Manager's assistant helping set up and strike
rehearsal furniture and props, taking down line notes, prompting actors,
etc. as per the SM's instructions.
• During Technical, Dress Rehearsals and performances, the ASM is responsible
for the smooth and efficient running of the backstage area. The ASM/ is
stationed backstage and supervises and/or participates in all scenery
changes and any props and/or costume changes as needed.
• Assisting the director during rehearsals.
• Communicating with cast and crew and theatre administration
• The candidate should be a student in a theatre school programme or university
• The successful candidate will be creative, curious and passionate about
theatre and have the ability to work in a team environment.
• He/she has extensive stage management experience and is able to work well
• Creative problem solving ability.
• A valid Ontario Driver’s License and clean driving abstract are required.
• A car is an asset.
• Must enjoy working outdoors.
• Ideal for a returning student.
Start date: Tuesday June 1, 2010
End date: Saturday July 31, 2010 (9 weeks)
Start date: Tuesday July 20, 2010
End date: Friday September 3, 2010 (7 weeks)
c/o 4th Line Theatre
PO Box 403
4 Tupper Street
Millbrook, ON L0A 1G0
4th Line Theatre is an award-winning outdoor theatre company that presents regionally-based, environmentally-staged, historical dramas. Our performance venue is located on the Winslow farm, just outside of Millbrook, Ontario. To find out more about 4th Line Theatre and the upcoming summer season, please visit our website www.4thlinetheatre.on.ca