This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Management
Position: Project Manager
Term: Full-time, 12 month salaried position
CAPACOA (Canadian Arts Presenting Association) is seeking a full-time PROJECT MANAGER to: steward the development of the online toolkit, Presenter’s Toolkit, a Canada-wide initiative to bolster the training and professional development of performing arts presenters, as well as CAPACOA-specific responsibilities with a focus on advocacy, research, and policy and partnership development.
The position reports to the Executive Director of CAPACOA and works with a committee of partner organizations.
Presenter’s Toolkit is a joint initiative of RIDEAU (Réseau indépendant des diffuseurs d’événements artistiques unis), the Fédération culturelle canadienne-française (FCCF) for the Alliance des réseaux de diffusion des arts de la scène (ARDAS) and the Canadian Arts Presenting Association/ Association canadienne des organismes artistiques (CAPACOA).
- Keen knowledge of the Canadian presenting and touring sector.
- Minimum of 2 years in research and project development/management.
- Experience with online data management considered an asset.
- Good computer, communication, networking and people skills.
- Fully bilingual in English and French (written / oral).
- Availability to travel.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Interest in contributing to the advancement of the field.
Responsibilities (Presenter’s Toolkit)
- Participate in all steps of creation of the project.
- Mapping and implementation of project priorities over 12 month time frame, and providing long-term recommendations for the sustainable development of the toolkit.
- Update existing resource and identify other tools and resources currently available to sector and assess and integrate where possible.
- Establish the priorities and timelines.
- Reporting on and analysing key aspects of the project including financing.
- Profile the toolkit within the industry.
- Supervise the translation of the content.
- Respect the timelines and budgets.
Responsibilities (CAPACOA, reporting directly to Executive Director)
- Consider CAPACOA’s role (or potential role where none currently exists) provincially, nationally and internationally, map framework(s) to deliver key messages, etc.
- Develop policy that would guide CAPACOA through federal elections, understanding the roles of various stake holders and other associations
- Help to implement strategies, develop content for publicist/media, website and members (including networks)
- Identify research and development opportunities
- Work with Membership Outreach and Development Manager, Professional Development committee and Executive Director to craft framework for CAPACOA’s approach to network and membership development and support
- Include CAPACOA’s stated commitment to diversify and deepening its membership (festivals, etc.) and growing networks
- Identify appropriate programs / projects for CAPACOA to partner in and / or deliver
- Map 4 year PD plan with specific programming recommendations
- Support ongoing conference programming / visioning needs
- Identify, connect and initiate relationships with key (national/global) stakeholders
- To grow profile
- To work strategically
- To share resources
- To develop and deliver projects
- To serve the field in the ways in which we are not currently
Salary: $40,000 - $44,000 plus benefits, commensurate with experience
Please send resume and cover letter to:
CAPACOA's Mission Statement
The Canadian Arts Presenting Association/l'Association canadienne des organismes artistiques (CAPACOA) serves the performing arts touring and presenting community through its commitment to integrate the performing arts into the lives of all Canadians. CAPACOA takes initiative in providing leadership, knowledge, communications, skills development and advocacy on behalf of its members and within the arts presenting community.