This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Other
The Communications and Marketing Associate works under the primary supervision of the Director of Communications and Marketing, with a secondary reporting relationship to the General Director. The position includes regular contact with the media, graphic design agencies, printers, advertising and distribution agencies, the preparation, printing and distribution of promotion materials (writing, design and layout).
Under the direction of the Director of Communications and Marketing, the Associate’s key responsibilities include:
• assistance with the creation and implementation of the communications and marketing plan on an annual basis which includes strategies to attract new audiences, developing the annual budget, maintenance and updating of OLO’s website, coordination of all advertising, assistance with the development and implementation of the annual subscription campaign, coordination of the telemarketing campaign, assistance with the coordination of the annual OLO fundraising Auction and Garden Party
• creating copy for website, brochures, flyers, ads, posters and other promotional materials, coordination of translation of written materials and the editing and proofing of texts
• coordination of design and production of all promotional materials (annual brochures, posters, postcards, newspaper and magazine ads, sponsor recognition materials, pop-up banners, etc)
• design and layout of some ads, the Annual report, the house programs for the Student Matinée and the annual family opera, the OLO Studio Program annual brochure and competition, the OLO Guild brochure, the Auction catalogue and Garden Party program
• development and maintenance of positive relationships with local and national media outlets, coordination of media opportunities, maintenance of up-to-date media database and lists of local arts organizations, music teachers, etc., preparation and distribution of press releases, media advisories, and email blasts
• a knowledge of public relations and marketing, layout and design software, photoshop and power-point
• excellent communication skills required, both oral and written
• must be flexible and able to cope with changing priorities
• excellent organizational skills to set priorities and manage multiple tasks is required
• excellent communications skills (writing and oral)
• knowledge of French (writing and oral) an asset
Please submit your application to Isabelle Dubois – firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for submissions is November 27, 2009.